Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone says anything I have been a member of this forum for years I just dont post much. I drew a cache unit moose permit and have been scouting with little success I was wondering if anyone has seen a good bull during the archery hunt. If you could tell me the area I would appreciate it. Thanks Chad

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I saw a decent bull near the summit just past the road sheds. I have seen several bulls in the past near Grouse hollow. I will keep you updated on what I am seeing as I hunt the Cache.

·
Super Moderator
3,523 Posts
Congrats on the tag. I always see a good bull around the Beaver Mountain turnoff. I was in the area a few weeks ago and saw plenty of fresh moose sign, but no moose. Best of luck on the hunt!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Tony Grove has had good numbers of moose as well. I'd think that the reduced pressure with them fixing the road, there could be some around the lake as well.

I've seen some good ones in Green Canyon, but that is a brutal hike with a moose.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I saw a dandy bull at 20 yds last year sitting water on the south cache. There's a lot near water holes off the sinks road if that's in your unit. I have seen a few bulls way back in wilderness areas on the north cache but unless you've got a team of horses I wouldn't recommend that route. I think Tony Grove, white pine lake area is a great option especially with the road closure and reduced pressure. I've seen moose all over in there in past years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts