Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for opinions on this unit for an archery antelope hunt. I have enough points to draw based on years past. I am looking to burn them as i will be eligible to apply for elk again next year. I will be hunting with traditional archery equipment. I have no problems sitting in a blind all day for extended periods of time. I have hunted archery antelope multiple times in the past. I just have never hunted this unit. What are my best options, walk in areas, higher ground, or talking to the land owners in the area? i don't expect an 80" buck but obviously would like to kill the biggest buck i can scout and pattern.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have less than 5 points. That being said I will have a new baby at home so I am trying to stay in the units closer to the wasatch front. 2.5 hours or so. I have drawn west desert river bed (no chance at that ), and snake valley. I have hunted puddle valley (probably won't draw) and plateau (don't want to hunt it)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have hunted this unit for a lot of years. There are some good bucks out there. In fact, the one on my profile picture is from that unit. Feel free to PM me and I can give you some info that I know or answer any questions you have. It is a harder hunt now than in years past, but bucks are still fairly easy to track down.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Well with that new info I would say you have the best unit for you situation. I am sure many will say don't spend all of your time down low in the unit. I have seen plenty of bucks just not lots of good ones down near the private. It always amazed me how many bucks we found trying to find does. It seemed like they needed juvenile buck hunt more than a doe hunt. Good luck and at least you all ready know how much fun archery antelope hunting is.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I would look up odds near Dugway there are a lot of lopes out that way also up in Box elder.....seems like way more lopes in these areas plus its close.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have hunted the riverbed unit (dugway) it took me 7 points to draw an archery tag there 12 years ago. Odds are worse now. I have looked at the units in Box Elder also. Not sure if they are what I am looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts