Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First year hunting turkey. Just wanting to know some areas to start flashing so I am prepped for my first Tom. If you can give exact navigation coordinates from Google maps that would be even better. Thanks community.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hahaha! I will even do ya one better, just let me know the day you want to go hunting and I will take vacation from work, I will pick you up and have breakfast ready for you in the truck. We will go to my secret spot and I will call the bird in for you, and will even clean and cook it for you afterwards! Sound like a deal?!

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
bigdaddy, id pay for all that minus the cleaning and cooking, i enjoy that part myself haha

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
First year hunting turkey. Just wanting to know some areas to start flashing so I am prepped for my first Tom. If you can give exact navigation coordinates from Google maps that would be even better. Thanks community.
I generally just set up a decoy and call for the turkeys. I haven't heard of flashing as a viable hunting strategy. I don't imagine the other people in the woods with you would appreciate it much.......:shock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha! I will even do ya one better, just let me know the day you want to go hunting and I will take vacation from work, I will pick you up and have breakfast ready for you in the truck. We will go to my secret spot and I will call the bird in for you, and will even clean and cook it for you afterwards! Sound like a deal?!
Cool. You must be a great dad. Anyways I just would like some advice on what location to maybe start from.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Cool. You must be a great dad. Anyways I just would like some advice on what location to maybe start from.
I've gotten mad at guys before who ripped someone a new one for asking for information, but the way you asked for gps coordinates is going to rub pretty much anyone on here the wrong way. I wish you good luck on your hunt, but sadly don't know anything about the turkeys in Cache Valley.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've gotten mad at guys before who ripped someone a new one for asking for information, but the way you asked for gps coordinates is going to rub pretty much anyone on here the wrong way. I wish you good luck on your hunt, but sadly don't know anything about the turkeys in Cache Valley.
I didn't rip him a new one :D Its just always kinda funny when someone makes a post like that as their very first post. Kinda smells like a troll. But in all honesty, if the dude needs some pointers on where to find turkeys up here in the Cache unit, I can totally give him some direction!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I didn't rip him a new one :D Its just always kinda funny when someone makes a post like that as their very first post. Kinda smells like a troll. But in all honesty, if the dude needs some pointers on where to find turkeys up here in the Cache unit, I can totally give him some direction!
I know you didnt:)..... But if he's serious about map coordinates someone might. I smell a troll too. Asking for advice is fine, but the attitude here seems a little too entitled. I'm all for helping someone out though. Makes it fun if they find success and share it with you.....

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
well I've posted 90ish posts so I'm not a troll right? and I've tossed the idea around about getting into turkey hunting up here. especially since overtime i leave the valley going south, theres 200+ turkeys on the left side of the highway right before you enter the canyon. so if you do have any pointers at all, i would appreciate them whether Utahstate70 is a troll or not, although i don't think he is.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
well I've posted 90ish posts so I'm not a troll right? and I've tossed the idea around about getting into turkey hunting up here. especially since overtime i leave the valley going south, theres 200+ turkeys on the left side of the highway right before you enter the canyon. so if you do have any pointers at all, i would appreciate them whether Utahstate70 is a troll or not, although i don't think he is.:mrgreen:
Haha. You are definitely not. If I knew anything about the cache valley turkeys I'd love to help out. My experience is a little further south.

·
Registered
262 Posts
No, I do not think you are a troll! I am still a little skeptical of the original poster though... :-?
As far as the turkeys on the east side of the highway as you leave the valley, they are all on private land, so there is no way to hunt them. There are plenty of other opportunities in the valley though. Do you have a tag this year?

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
i don't have an LE tag, no but i was under the impression i could still by a general season.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Pretty much the entire West side of the cache valley has turkeys. (and plenty on the East side too)

They love that scrub oak... lace your boots up, and take a nice quite hike... they're really vocal right now.

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
so I'm newish to the area and the valley is big. care to say west of which towns? thats specific enough without being too specific, right?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts