Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHO WOULD YOU SAY BUILDS THE BEST AND TOUGHEST CAMP TRAILER?

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Tough question, most are built to be affordable and light weight=not tough at all. Jayco, by the price, seems to be the best??? I have a Thor brand trailer, it has been fine, typical problems that you would expect, but has met all of our expectations! I think the right floor plan is the hardest thing to find; I think quality is pretty consistent among all of them.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I will tell you to avoid anything built by forrest river we bought a new one and it had problems about 85% of the time we took it out. I felt like it spent more time at the dealership than it did camping. We own a skyline/layton and have had very minor problems and we camp a ton! *()* *()*

·
Registered
158 Posts
Standard Camp Trailer - Skyline has the best customer service and will warranty things out of warranty sometimes. Everyone else won't even look at it.

If you want a heavy duty frame go with a toy hauler. They are built to handle more weight than just the trailer. Where a regular trailer is built to just haul itself. This really matters if you are pulling doubles.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
hairy1 said:
Standard Camp Trailer - Skyline has the best customer service and will warranty things out of warranty sometimes. Everyone else won't even look at it.

If you want a heavy duty frame go with a toy hauler. They are built to handle more weight than just the trailer. Where a regular trailer is built to just haul itself. This really matters if you are pulling doubles.
I have to agree with you! After the "wildcat disaster" we bought a skyline rampage toy hauler and use it about every weekend for 4 months yearly so far no major problems what a nice change!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have a Dutchman two years old and doing pretty good no problems, but we do not have kids running through it all the time either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts