Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be heading up to Strawberry this weekend for an overnighter. Everything I have been able to find about camping up there is with trailers. I will be in the Mud Creek/ Haws point area. Are there any areas around there for tent campers? Do I need to reserve a spot like the improved camp grounds?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Depending on what time and day you are getting there. Clyde creek and mud creek are nice areas to camp but It can be a little bit of a drive to get to the lake and it gets very crowded. We went up on a saturday morning in early June and couldn't find a spot in mud creek ended up finding a spot in clyde creek in a meadow with probably ten other groups.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be heading up Friday after work. So it sounds like you can just head up and find a spot and set up?

·
Registered
501 Posts
There are a couple developed campgrounds near the lake. Everywhere else is open camping (trailer/tent or whatever). I like camping in the trees, but that puts me farther from the lake. Depends on what you're after.

·
Registered
854 Posts
clyde creek and mud creek are all primitive camping. So yep just find a spot and setup! Be sure to take a drive all the way to the top of clyde creek there is a great view from the top of strawberry ridge

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
Clyde Creek has very few options, but Mud has tons and a few really large meadows. some morons think they can take teh whole meadow so they spread every vehicles way out there; feel free to move on in. Getting their late on a weekend may be tough. Mud Creek si also great if you have a light boat that can be launched on a dirt launch ramp it is only about a 1/2 mile drive from the camping area to teh dirt ramp. That is how we do it every year and love it; headed up next weekend.

Hawes Point is quite a ways away from Mud and there isnt much going on that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts