Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to plan a caribou hunt to Canada with my old man before he gets to old, and believe me you thats coming up fast. :D I was wondering If any of you fine folks know what the cost would be by the time I left my house untill the time I got back. I would want to have 1 mounted. I guess I'm refering to Plane tickets, food, guide fees, tags, and so on and so on.

·
Banned
123 Posts
My boss did one last year, two bulls said and done around 4.000$
Nova scotia I believe he said?
I'll talk to him tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Go to Alaska. It's cheaper and there are less hassles with guns, licenses etc..

Outfitters will run 3500-6000 + airfare and licenses.

If you're looking to spend 4k look at Adak Island. Lots of caribou, but airfare is the killer.

You could do a decent DIY hunt somewheres north of Glenallen (Just one area that comes to mind) for around $2500 bucks.

Tags will run $140 for a seven day hunting license and $325 for the caribou tag. I'd suggest throwing in a wolf and black bear tag as well.

Get your airfare early and it's fairly cheap. Under $500.

Hotel or B and B (or a forest service cabin if you get it reserved early enough) for 5 days- 250-500 bucks depending on your desired comfort.

Truck rental- 80-100 bucks a day- $500

$700-$800 for taxidermy and shipping.

Tags- $465

Car rental- $400-500

Lodging- $250-$500

Airfare- $400-$500 (If you get it early)

Taxidermy (shoulder mount)- $700-$800

Check the meat as luggage.

$2200-$2765 For a five day hunt.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I'd suggest throwing in a wolf tag
I can't believe treehugger would even say such a thing. :lol: :lol: Maybe there is an imposter posting under his name. This cant be true especially not from the wolf loving treehugger. Maybe hes been sipping some canadian moonshine and his thoughts have been seriously altered. :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts