Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking (in the Ogden area) for them for about a month now. Does anyone know where I can find some? I have some "non-magnum" CCI's from my old ML load, but my new recipe calls for CCI 209 Magnum Primers. I've checked Smith & Edwards, Sportsman's (Riverdale), Kent's Shooting, Impact Guns, and Wangsgards multiple times. I guess I might have to make a trip to SLC to hit up Scheels and Cabela's has anyone recently bought any or noticed them in stock somewhere?

Thanks!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've been looking for almost a year now with out any luck. I've even posted classifieds offering 22lr as trade with no takers. If you find some I'd like to get some too.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't know if it will work for a muzzy or not...but the federal 209A is a magnum primer. I belive sportsmans in Logan has those.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Call Gallenson's or Gunnies in Orem. It's been a little while since I have been to either place but last time I was there, both of them had tons of primers.

Reactions: MuscleWhitefish

·
Registered
306 Posts
I spent forever looking for the CCI 209M's, I couldn't find any in the Ogden area. Then I went down to Scheel's and picked up some Federal 209A to use with BH. They had a big stock of the 209A's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys, looks like I will be using the Federal primers as well.

·
1,666 Posts
I have seen CCI 209M at cabela's before, but I will second what Lost Louis said.

I'll head to Gallenson's this weekend to see if they have any CCI 209M, Federal 209A, or Fiocchi #616 209.

I tried to Winchester Mangum's and need some other primers to try.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
You can order them on line but you will have to pay a hazards shipping fee with will double the price of 1000.
Sometimes Cabelas will do in store pickup and if that's the case you probably won't have to pay a hazmat fee for shipping because they just send it to the local store for you with no shipping fee. You may want to check them out and see if they will for you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sometimes Cabelas will do in store pickup and if that's the case you probably won't have to pay a hazmat fee for shipping because they just send it to the local store for you with no shipping fee. You may want to check them out and see if they will for you.
From Cabela's site:
The following item(s) cannot be shipped to a store.
CCI Shotgun Primers
You must ship these items to an address other than a Cabela's store.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
From Cabela's site:
The following item(s) cannot be shipped to a store.
CCI Shotgun Primers
You must ship these items to an address other than a Cabela's store.
Well that sucks !!!

·
Super Moderator
9,803 Posts
I thought the same thing a couple of years ago when I was looking for primers and powder and stopped in and talked to the customer service desk.

While they didn't say that I needed to ship the powder and primers to my home they did say that the hazmat fee would still be charged to me if I shipped it to the store for in store pickup.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Cant ship powder to store either... which sucks because they get Varget in stock from time to time on the website.

Its STUPID you cannot ship primers to store, you cannot ship powders to store... but you can ship ammunition to store, which is composed of powder and primers. Go figure.

-DallanC

·
Registered
202 Posts
I shoot 2 weeks ago, used the winchester triple seven 209 primers. Worked just fine out of my omega using the blackhorn 209 powder. Don't really think you need the magnum primers, jmo.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts