Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one from southern utah may find interest in this. The city is going to start pumping water out of coal creek up to a location near the Cedar Middle school. It's going to be pumped to the old moto cross track area, so i'm not sure exactly how big or how deep it will be. I've heard largemouth and catfish are going to be planted there, maybe someone could correct me on that. Good news for anyone in the iron/washington county area.

·
Registered
713 Posts
YES FINALLY SOMEWHERE IN CEDAR CITY TO FISH. thats gonna be awesome until it's fished out in two days. But at least I will have somewhere to fish thats closer to home!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
what are you talking about-somewhere to fish in cedar. that place is crawling with fishing locations within 45 minutes of cedar.

·
Registered
385 Posts
yeah that will be nice for all the people who reside in cedar and may not have the time to go up the mountains.

·
Registered
713 Posts
chuckmiester said:
yeah that will be nice for all the people who reside in cedar and may not have the time to go up the mountains.
And it might also reduce fishing on the mountain somewhat :? Navajo's a zoo in the summer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
cant agree more but the problem their is all the vegas people. there are a few spots up their that i wish had a little less people going to them though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
No kidding during the summer,fall,winter,spring doesn't matter the Mountain is CRAWLING with Blue Plates!!! Luckily my family owns 3000 acres 10 miles south of navajo on the North Fork of the virgin river. It is my happy place with a stream FULL of Brookies not very big with my biggest being 11 inches and cuts and a few bows. With the biggest cut going 15 1/2 inches.

·
Registered
385 Posts
man i bet you love that place. a stream with brookies and cutts, that is just awesome. it is a good thing your family owns that land or those blue plates would be there also. the amazing thing is when they catch a 7" trout they keep it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yankee gets hit just as bad when you keep a five inch trout out of the stream below yankee you are either desperate or a vegas person, true story the guy was extremely proud that he caught it on a worm, and was embarrased when he saw me catch a few on my fly rod. 8)

·
Registered
36 Posts
chuckmiester said:
cant agree more but the problem their is all the vegas people. there are a few spots up their that i wish had a little less people going to them though.
lay off us vegas people chump, we bring our money and some of us know a thing or two...

besides. youre the ones all excited about fishing in a pond next to a road in the city

sm

·
Registered
385 Posts
BrookTroutKid said:
Yankee gets hit just as bad when you keep a five inch trout out of the stream below yankee you are either desperate or a vegas person, true story the guy was extremely proud that he caught it on a worm, and was embarrased when he saw me catch a few on my fly rod. 8)
i always wondered if their were fish in that stream
southernman said:
lay off us vegas people chump, we bring our money and some of us know a thing or two...

besides. youre the ones all excited about fishing in a pond next to a road in the city

sm
i think it is funny how you guys come up here to fish and i go to Nevada to fish. i just hate it when i see vegas people come here and think they have to keep everything. i do not think that all vegas people are bad and like this but when you come from a city the size of vegas you get a lot of them like that. luckily for me i can out fish them any day of the week on any southern utah water. i will leave the 8"planters to them.

·
Registered
713 Posts
southernman wrote:

sm

Sorry Southernman didn't mean to stereo type anyone I have met good people from Vegas that treat the our places with respect and some that don't.
Same with people from Utah that go to Nevada and respect your fishing places, and then again there are jerks that think destroying the place just so they can have a good time is okay.
It just gets really crowded up in the mountains in the summer and it drives me nuts when I see people that act like pigs up there Utah,California,Nevada,etc included. But it just seems like their is more people from Nevada up there.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One bad apple spoils the bunch, you know there's gotta be utahns that go elsewhere and make people say everyone from utah must be a bunch of pricks, but truth be told we're not all that bad right? Anyway, look at all your bigger cities along I15, and i can't think of one besides Cedar City that doesn't have a true fishery less than a half hour or so away (even parowan, yes parowan, has its own pond in town). So i agree with Brooktrout that this is definitely something this town needs, and yes it probably will relieve some pressure of Newcastle, Navajo, and Duck Creek.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a google earth shot of the area where the new pond is going to be. They've been dumping a lot of clay along the bottom of it to prevent saturation.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I just heard there is going to be two ponds, one up by the middle school, and one down by Bicentennial park somewhere. Don't know if it's true or not but that would be awsome.

·
Registered
385 Posts
southernman said:
luckily for me i can out fish them any day of the week on any southern utah water. i will leave the 8"planters to them.
I doubt that ya punk ass kid . . .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ok when everyone is pulling out those little planters i am pulling these out.
a small cedar breaks public pond-not big enough to call it anything else 15" brookie
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... DC0192.jpg
pine valley res 16" brown
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... DC0156.jpg
baker 15" bow
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... DC0231.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts