Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone knows of public land on this unit I drew out on this tag and the hunt ends. On the 23rd of this month I have been trying to get up there and see if I can hunt on some property but it seems like alot of people are out there snowmobiling. So was unable to get out. It is just a cow elk tag that I would love to fill any info or property I can get out on. Any information is would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Elktakenfool,

I wish I had some good news for you but there is NO PUBLIC GROUND for that tag. I have draw it before and have a conection with a land owners who hesitates to let me on his land and I know would not let others. That unit has a problem, way to many cows and no way for the DWR to kill them.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I ran in tothe exact same problem 3 years back....NOBODY will let you up there....unless you are lucky enough to get in touch with one of the outfitters up there....QUICK. Like before you even draw the tag. It is a ridiculous problem that nobody will do anything about. If they want the animals taken off.....LET THE HUNTERS ON THERE TO TAKE THEM OFF.....Pretty simple equation, in my opinion!

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
duckhunter1096 said:
I ran in tothe exact same problem 3 years back....NOBODY will let you up there....unless you are lucky enough to get in touch with one of the outfitters up there....QUICK. Like before you even draw the tag. It is a ridiculous problem that nobody will do anything about. If they want the animals taken off.....LET THE HUNTERS ON THERE TO TAKE THEM OFF.....Pretty simple equation, in my opinion!
Or,,,,,,,,,,,,,you good read the proc warning of MOSTLY PRIVATE LAND. Just a thought. _(O)_

·
Registered
824 Posts
Or.....they could change the proc to saying "ALL PRIVATE LAND" or "if you do not know a land owner in Oakley or Weber Canyon you need not apply".

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
10000ft. said:
Or.....they could change the proc to saying "ALL PRIVATE LAND" or "if you do not know a land owner in Oakley or Weber Canyon you need not apply".
It pretty much does. 8) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
proutdoors said:
10000ft. said:
It pretty much does. 8) :mrgreen:
So... question. Why even have a draw for that area if you can't get on the land anyway? Thats pretty lame in my opinion.... don't sell tags for the area if people can't get up there to hunt... that screams ripoff to me. Just give the landowners X amount of tags and then also put in the proc that you can get these tags through outfitters or something.... don't waste the publics time or money. 8)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Totally agree River..............++++++1

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
this should be done on a few others also including deer permits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts