Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Targets, Hiking, Foraging, Shroom Hunting, Farming, Gardening, Building
181 Posts
Whoever makes the decisions is ultimately “to blame” but I’ve got into an argument with DWR asking why I can’t put a cell cam up on my traps so I can just check the status instead of 48hour rule and they said no. 🥴 So I have to physically go see a trap but can’t look at my phone and see there is nothing on it? 🤦🏼‍♂️ Government Agencies are not rooted in reality because they only go off of opinions of their few that the rest have to live by or be fined for something that is totally legit one year then the next year is a crime. I have too many disagreements with the government on pretty much everything now that I’ve read the Constitution and did research on the Verderers role in the corrupt kings land (currently would be considered Federal and “public” land) They call it public land yet police it as if it’s private land owned by the slave masters I mean gov….. actually yep the slave masters. 🤔

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Whoever makes the decisions is ultimately “to blame” but I’ve got into an argument with DWR asking why I can’t put a cell cam up on my traps so I can just check the status instead of 48hour rule and they said no. 🥴 So I have to physically go see a trap but can’t look at my phone and see there is nothing on it? 🤦🏼‍♂️ Government Agencies are not rooted in reality because they only go off of opinions of their few that the rest have to live by or be fined for something that is totally legit one year then the next year is a crime. I have too many disagreements with the government on pretty much everything now that I’ve read the Constitution and did research on the Verderers role in the corrupt kings land (currently would be considered Federal and “public” land) They call it public land yet police it as if it’s private land owned by the slave masters I mean gov….. actually yep the slave masters. 🤔
I bet you’re real fun at parties

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I'm pulling mine this weekend, and this thread already shows one reason why.

People in general, have varying directions which way their moral/ethical compass points. Trail cameras exemplifies this. Some categorically hate trail cameras, period. Others just don't like the wifi/remote cams that you don't even have to hike in and check. Some think you should pull them by a certain time, others don't see the problem in leaving them out all 12 months of the year. Some are very self righteous in the beliefs on cameras, others are live and let live.

Speaking just for myself, I think this new rule is BS. That said, I didn't think much of remote cameras, but I left them alone. If I saw someone elses camera out during an active hunt, I didn't think much of that either, but I left it alone. As for my own use of cameras, I'd pull mine the week before the hunt because I thought it was the right thing to do, even though legally I could leave it out. That's just me, what other people do with their cams isn't any of my business, even if I don't agree with the type of cam, or when it's out.

I would like to leave my cams out and pull them Sunday August 13th, so I could have the latest info on the area their in - but I know my luck. Some self righteous type might find them and **** with them, though last year i saw NOBODY on my cams in this area. On that note, I noticed a nearby private property owner placed out another salt lick in his usual spot a few months ago. Apparently he figures nobody would find it, kinda like how I think nobody will find my cams. But.. i'm not. I've had instant karma delivered unto me before. Like working somewhere for 5 or 6 years straight, and the ONE time I call in sick, my car gets impounded for expired tags cause I left it parked on the street the day before.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Gonna be a busy weekend for me, 4 cams to come down and a family camping trip. Might be pulling a couple in the dark Sunday night lol, not chancing leaving them up for the vandals.

This will be my last year running cams, not worth all the effort if I can't just grab them when I'm out in the field. Might run one on a local spot or two but not my elk hunting spot. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I haven't read up too much on the new rule, so forgive my ignorance. In regards to the original post -- does the rule only apply to the current hunt-year? What I mean is that the OP said he doesn't have a tag "this year". But what about next year? If he's using the camera this year to glean information to help him with next year's hunt, wouldn't that still apply?

Someone else mentioned how dumb Utah is -- but Utah isn't the only state with seasonal restrictions on trail cameras. In fact, Utah was lagging behind in this area.

DreadedBowHunter -- you need a lesson in the differences in the the 3 branches of government.

I'm leaving all 4 of my cameras up. But they are all on my property where I live, and aren't used for hunting.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I haven't read up too much on the new rule, so forgive my ignorance. In regards to the original post -- does the rule only apply to the current hunt-year? What I mean is that the OP said he doesn't have a tag "this year". But what about next year? If he's using the camera this year to glean information to help him with next year's hunt, wouldn't that still apply?

Someone else mentioned how dumb Utah is -- but Utah isn't the only state with seasonal restrictions on trail cameras. In fact, Utah was lagging behind in this area.

DreadedBowHunter -- you need a lesson in the differences in the the 3 branches of government.

I'm leaving all 4 of my cameras up. But they are all on my property where I live, and aren't used for hunting.
You hit it on the head, none of this was properly defined so leaving up a camera for next year is a huge gray area that SHOULD have been defined, but wasn't. So many things that should have been clearly defined were ignored. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
You hit it on the head, none of this was properly defined so leaving up a camera for next year is a huge gray area that SHOULD have been defined, but wasn't. So many things that should have been clearly defined were ignored. 🤷‍♂️

Well....I don't agree with it being a gray area. My ignorance simply says "take the cameras down during the closed period".

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Your probably fine. Without going back to look it up, off the top of my head, all trail cams for hunting purposes have to come down by July 31. If I'm wrong, i'm sure someone will correct me.

·
Registered
499 Posts

Gtfo, go live in Georgia for a few years. Than tell me our public land in Utah is treated as if it's private land.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Playing both sides I see. You clearly stated there are parts of this that are unclear, then state no gray area. Hmmmm..
I said that I hadn't read up on it, and asked a question. After reading it, I don't agree that it is unclear. I think that it is pretty clear that cameras need to be taken down by July 31 if they are being used to aid with big game hunting. Pretty simple to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for all the thoughts and comments. I am still convinced the Wildlife Board and upper management at the DWR did a huge disservice to the DWR officers by not getting out in front of this when they had the chance. There has been no real education for the public when there should have been and they stayed silent until a few days before the deadline to pull them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wouldn't be relying on that research in any court of law.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks for all the thoughts and comments. I am still convinced the Wildlife Board and upper management at the DWR did a huge disservice to the DWR officers by not getting out in front of this when they had the chance. There has been no real education for the public when there should have been and they stayed silent until a few days before the deadline to pull them.
I spoke with an officer about this last month when I asked him a question pertaining to baiting. They are in the process of getting things laid out in a more black and white format for the public to reference and follow. But it’ll take some time.

·
Registered
Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Targets, Hiking, Foraging, Shroom Hunting, Farming, Gardening, Building
181 Posts
3 branches of government; 1 Puppets, 2 puppeteers and 3rd is the Actual Rulers of those governments and they are all friends connected through secret societies playing the blind fools everyday on the news. 😆
I’ve known the blatant corruption for 25 years I’ve been saying everything I always say since 1996🤔 Government as we knew it is DEAD and it’s all by design folks. If you’re blind and naive you’ll get mad at me for sharing the facts with the public.
Monkeypox is just the lie they tell because it’s actually the vaccine affects that is now called monkey$#*+ Covid was fake from the very beginning but the media pushes it to brainwash the fools that trust the news media and that haven’t done ALL this research into the government. People aren’t going to like what the government is going to do to them soon. I’m ready for it. Most people will be sitting ducks because they are too naive to even comprehend that the governments worldwide will do that to humanity.
(Rant done, unless people want way way more information being dumped 24/7 for years)
Sleeve Tie Font Publication Blazer

Organism World Font Wood Art

Font Technology Electric blue Screenshot Number

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Product Human

Car Automotive parking light Building Vehicle Motor vehicle

Font Rectangle Brand Electric blue

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wouldn't be relying on that research in any court of law.
I don’t trust the COURT system anyway 😆 Did you know that the BAR is British Accredited Registry and all the Lawyers will all be arrested when time comes for Treason because they signed a contract aligning with Britain? Did you know why the black robes are worn from the Cult of Saturn? Lots I could ask but most people are oblivious to what’s actually going on worldwide.
Keep trusting that government until the threshold of the slaughterhouse then try to fight your way out of that debacle while I already knew not to be lead to that demise.
I don’t care if oblivious people don’t like the truth, this is for the people that can still critically think for themselves and are not afraid to stick with the truth even if fools ridicule you for it.
Facts are facts. Fake news is what everyone believes in this time of destruction of humanity.
For the people that want the truth I’ll give it whenever they need it and those who like to live in oblivion can simply ignore everything I state 😁
Poster Font Illustration History Vintage advertisement
Photograph White Font Line Circle

Rectangle Sleeve Font Crest Emblem

Glasses Facial expression Organism Font Photo caption

Tie Gesture Font Suit Collar

Triangle Rectangle Font Parallel Symmetry

Rectangle Money handling Font Cash Money

Product Crest Badge Font Yellow

Jaw Coat Sleeve Tie Font

Font Electric blue Document Darkness Advertising

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I don’t trust the COURT system anyway 😆 Did you know that the BAR is British Accredited Registry and all the Lawyers will all be arrested when time comes for Treason because they signed a contract aligning with Britain? Did you know why the black robes are worn from the Cult of Saturn? Lots I could ask but most people are oblivious to what’s actually going on worldwide.
Keep trusting that government until the threshold of the slaughterhouse then try to fight your way out of that debacle while I already knew not to be lead to that demise.
I don’t care if oblivious people don’t like the truth, this is for the people that can still critically think for themselves and are not afraid to stick with the truth even if fools ridicule you for it.
Facts are facts. Fake news is what everyone believes in this time of destruction of humanity.
For the people that want the truth I’ll give it whenever they need it and those who like to live in oblivion can simply ignore everything I state 😁
View attachment 152770 View attachment 152778
View attachment 152773
View attachment 152776
View attachment 152774
View attachment 152777
View attachment 152775
View attachment 152771
View attachment 152772
View attachment 152779
Dude I think you’ve been smokin too much cow-in-heat cover scent.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts