Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I had intentions of getting into that airboat that I was talking about but after doing a little more digging i'll need $45K just to get into a boat I want. Still planning on it but, that will be down the road.
Eventually i'd like to have both mud and air boats. SO, I'm a solo hunter sometimes take a buddy or 2 out but, I do have 4 brothers and my dad of which we all enjoy hunting together. My current boat will not accommodate that kind of group hunting. After several years of talking and dreaming of the perfect boat, I'v finally snapped! time to nut up and make dreams into reality!

I'm going with the Excel boat 18x51 with the 4400 Black death.
i'v been in contact with MB and have a quote. making sure I cross all my T's and dot my I's, i'd like to bring up a few questions so I can settle on what i'm looking for.

Question: You guys with fully welded boats particularly the Excel guys.

What aluminum alloy do you have? .100 or the .125? and why??

I'v heard that its standard out here in the west for boats to be sold with the .100 alloy.

You guys break ice? what are your limitations?

and just for kicks, whats your rig and what can it do?

AND just to turn this into a double thread I'm posting my current rig, it will be going up for sale. Used 1 season ALL brand new however it doesn't look as clean now from climbing in and out with muddy boots but, the motor is still this clean. just posting this picture in a way of saying "watch out for this to come up for sale" Bought it for $6k i'll have to figure a sell price later. (probably in the $5K range

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have an excel 1851 with a 55bamf. Its built like a tank. I break ice all day. Don't know the thickness of aluminum. I wouldn't own any other boat. It fits the bill for everything I have encounter. Love knowing it has floatation as I hunt with my kid as much as possible.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also have the 1851 F4 with the hunt deck and 45 Mag pushing it. Fully loaded it hasn't let me down, breaks ice, gets in skinny water, goes where i need it too. Good to fish off of too

Brett

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 18x51 excell with 45 Black Death moves it's a little heavy look at a widowmaker boat from chuck .custom boat that's built how you want.pm me mine might be for sell

·
Registered
149 Posts
The boats I make are out of 1/8 6061. I second chuck he make a fine boat he lives in Clinton. P.S have you looked into GTR ,Pro drive there are better surface drive motors than M.B get on mudmotor talk they live this stuff .

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys! planning on buying new. Already have a quote from mud buddy. I know what I want. I have a package put together. Just wondering if I want to upgrade to the .125 alloy.

Thanks again! keep on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts