Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to teach my boy some woodworking, staining, finishing etc. He had a couple euro mounts Packout did for him of his first ever deer and pronghorn, but we didn't have a place to stick them so I thought we'd whip up some wall bracket mounts for them.

I wanted something that looked decent, but cheap enough in materials if there was a major goof up it wouldnt matter. We happened to be in HobbyLobby and I noticed they have a huge selection of routed wood pieces. Square, oval, rounds... tons in all kinds of sizes. Best part is they are only like a buck or two.

So we picked out a couple shapes and some stain and polyurathane. The only the middle piece requires cutting, and is pretty well hidden so any mistakes from a youngster are easily covered up.

Here are the end results, cost was less than $15 for both and I think they turned out decent for what they are.

-DallanC

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I like the little two point.

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He shot that opening day in that blizzard 2 years ago with my .50 cal Hawkin! :D Proud dad for sure.

-DallanC

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Those turned out nice and are a good DIY option. Might wrap a piece of wire around the hanger and the screw just in case. Well done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Those look good, thanks for the idea. I got my deer euro mounted from last year and was debating on getting a skullhooker, but I think I'll try making one of these!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts