Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a firesale on some new 12GA single shot shotguns over at Gunbroker. Apparently according to the description:

This shotgun is brand new in box inventory, but is excess custom-made inventory that a large big box store that canceled their order. It is in good new working order but without manufacturer support or warranty. It is a BRAND-NEW SHOTGUN and all run great. The frame may be marked with a major manufacturer (or importers) markings, but is custom made white label for ST Auctions.
Just look under single shot shotguns and they should show up. They just had 10 auctions that just ended, I won one for $63, plan on it just being a truck gun stored under the seat where I dont care about rub marks or scratches. Anywho there are a bunch more selling tomorrow, should be in the $60 to $70 range.

-DallanC

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm confused why they're so cagey about the manufacturer. When I tried to look at the pics it almost seemed like it had been blurred out?

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm confused why they're so cagey about the manufacturer. When I tried to look at the pics it almost seemed like it had been blurred out?
Its a common condition of being a "whitebox" item sale. They don't list the mfg name due to competition with full retail items for sale. Its common in this type of market, similar to "grey market", where items from one region are sold in a secondary region, or even items intended as bundle are sold individually.

I've already paid and got my FFL lined up awaiting shipping. I'll post info when it gets here. I don't imagine these are all that high of quality, but frankly its about the simpliest gun design there is, I cant imagine a whole lot going wrong with it or breaking. Odds are this will primarily be used for the occasional grouse, chuckar, rabbit etc.

-DallanC

·
Super Moderator
9,987 Posts
Sounds like some of the old single shot shotguns that Sunset Sports used to sell. It seamed like whenever they had a firearm sale they would have them down to around $39 or so.

But everyone needs a kick around shotgun that they really don't care about as long as it goes bang when they pull the trigger and stays together.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sunset Sports... wow that's a long time back. Reminds me of Wolfs.

-DallanC

·
Super Moderator
9,987 Posts
Don't forget Zinicks, or if you lived in Provo the go to store was Innises or however you spelled it.

Rifles and shotguns were quite often purchased at Bullocks Pool Hal on 100 west I think. I can't remember the name of the pool hall/bar at the top of Orem hill that also sold firearms and ammo.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't forget Zinicks, or if you lived in Provo the go to store was Innises or however you spelled it.
I do remember Zinicks, and their Big Buck contest.

Rifles and shotguns were quite often purchased at Bullocks Pool Hal on 100 west I think. I can't remember the name of the pool hall/bar at the top of Orem hill that also sold firearms and ammo.
Never heard of the Bullocks pool hall. Orem hill... the place where the army surplus place is? Parks Sportsmen was also another local shop I used to shop quite a bit, they closed up about 18 or so years ago.

-DallanC

·
Super Moderator
9,987 Posts
It was back in that pocket of stores where Colombia Lane comes into State Street. They only had about a 50 foot store front if that.

Parks Sportsman's was too expensive for us common folk.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts