Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter how many times you go over the hunting checklist there always seems to be something that is forgotten. I usually forget something small like a sleeping pad (this may be a big item for some people), or a deck of cards (again could be considered a big item). One year, I made it half way to camp before I realized I forgot to bring a can opener. Luckily, there was a store nearby. The most important thing I think I have ever forgotten to bring was a camera. That year, I got my first elk and had to rely on pictures from my brother's cell phone to record the event. Anybody else fallen victim to a hunting checklist failure?

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
A fgew years ago, I decided to take a friend and my cousin rifle elk hunting. I had an archery tag so it was kind of one of those "kindness of my heart" type of things. Anyway, cousin Wilson decides to tell us that he forgot bullets at 2:30 that night. We ended up back at camp just in time to get about 2 hours sleep.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My knife. I killed my first bull elk last year. After frantically searching to no avail and then dumping the contents of my backpack on the ground, I remembered my knife was sitting above the kitchen stove where it was drying out after a rain soaked muzzle-loader deer hunt. I did find a pocket knife with a two inch blade and with much effort had my elk half-way skinned before my friend found me. In his best Crocodile Dundee imitation he said, "You call that a knife?" and pulled out his buck lockblade and went to work.

·
Banned
96 Posts
I too have fallen victom of forgeting my knives. All of them! I realised this about 13 seconds after dropping a doe.
I had sharpened them in the kitchen from shooting my buck a couple days prior and left them on top of the fridge.
I was lucky enough to have a guy stop and let me use his real quick.
I hope that never happens again!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have forgotten bolt for my rifle after taking it out to clean it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts