Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the salt lake DNR headquarters today asking about access and on the walk in access map it shows City Creek Canyon as private property but didn't show who the owner was and I was told I shouldnt hunt it because they didn't know either. I was under the impression you can hunt City Creek with a bow, can anyone clear that up for me. Who owns that land?

·
Registered
580 Posts
City creek is owned by slc proper. It is a a wildlife sanctuary. You cannot hunt it EXCEPT with permission from slc. They have a form that you fill out and send it back to them off there website. Just google hunting access is city creek canyon.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You need permission to access the road during the deer hunt for rifle... that is what you need permission for. There is a map that shows you where you can and cannot use a rifle and where you can and cannot use a bow and shotgun.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You have been well advised.

Also, the DNR is not the correct place to seek out ownership. Go to the county recorder's office. They have a map of every parcel in the county and who owns it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the help guys, I think I got it figured out. This seems to be much more complicated than it needs to be. Haha!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts