Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had a hard time finding clay pigeons in the last few days? I have checked Walmart, Kmart, Sportsman's Warehouse and CAL Ranch. They have all ran out and are having a hard time restocking. Anybody know anything? :? :?:

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
A while back, maybe a year ago, someone at Walmart said that the factory that makes most of the clays for all the companies was shut down from Hurricane Katrina damage. It took them a while to get back up and running, and the price had really gone up on them, so walmart decided to not bother with it until they got back up to full speed. I have had the same problems. Even sportsmans warehouse had slim pickins a month ago. Gallensons has had quite a few, and are much cheaper than sportsmans. Big 5 also sells them. They keep them behind the counter, so just ask about them. I imagine that sports authority would carry them also. Good luck! It gets to be a wild goose chase!

·
Registered
201 Posts
we went to get some yesterday and of course they were out, they told us that only 2 factories produce them and one of them burnt down.

·
Registered
385 Posts
when i heard a factory burned down (last year) i bought a mormon two year supply of them. havent even looked for them anymore. also with thanksgiving and turkey shoots the skeet probably all got bought out because of the sudden demand. as i recall this happens every year around this time. the problem is with the factories problems it takes longer for stores to get them again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts