Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing Phil Lyman will get his punishment sentence tomorrow, which I hope fits the crime and carelessness for a public official to insight and participate in such hillbilly action, I got thinking about the mess in Nevada that occurred in April of 2014.

I searched the issue up and it seems it still hasn't been resolved, or even seemed to be worked on. In fact it may have gotten worse with other articles saying other cattlemen have disregarded BLM cutting grazing because of drought.

Now I'm not for getting back into the situation it escalated into a year and a half ago, because we were a trigger pull away from a real bloodbath and scary issue. However, when is this guy and his family accountable to the 320,000,000 Americans he is ripping off? We can't stand for things like this forever? People don't have to like the BLM but disregarding the law and the agency is not how our civilized country works. There are ways to convey your opinions and freedoms, but disregarding the law and punishment thereof is determined in a court of law. I mean with all the tensions on public land IMO the BLM at some point has to take care of things like this. Losing control isn't exactly going to strengthen their case in land management.

I don't agree with everything the BLM does, or all their policies. They are however the manager of these lands and their policies on these lands are the law. Public comment is open to almost everything they do at some point. The states are just as much to blame as the BLM for tensions that currently exist. They've been made an enemy that they really aren't by state officials in the mind of some public who don't want regulations on land we all own.

I mean to get this solved does the public getting ripped off need to go protest in support and protection of the officers that need to take care of this problem? The BLM was too aggressive and it incited a lot of issues here, but are we just going to pretend it's not going on from here on out?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Its isnt going to matter after they are stripped of their firearms. It will be open season when all they have are batons and mace.
As for Bundy, hang that sum beech at the town square and make an example of him.

·
Registered
556 Posts
One of the things that made me kind of chuckle when this was going on. One of the media outlets said he had overwhelming support from local citizens. This was an absolute bunch of bull, he had the support of anti government militia.....that's it. The locals all think he should pay the money he owes for the land he used. The Bundy family and the militia said it had nothing to do with cattle being rounded up but about right and wrong, the first thing they do is set the cattle free. I hope they throw the Bundy's in jail and confiscate his cattle. The Bundy' have made bunches of money by not paying the grazing fees, get a warrant and seize bank accounts, tax returns etc.

Reactions: cornerfinder

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
One of his claims is that the feds didn't own the land and he should pay the grazing fees to the sheriff of the county....well if that's the case, pay the sheriff and let the sheriff turn it over to the BLM....but has he paid the sheriff one red cent....NOPE

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
He is also relatively connected with the Sheriff's office, so they are unwilling to serve arrest warrants. Which is why the dude won't step foot out of his own county. If he were to even drive into Clark County, he'd be arrested. Dude is now a prisoner in his own house so to speak.

The difference between Bundy and Lyman, is that Lyman is a reasonable and rational person. He knew what he was doing was illegal, and that he'd face the ramifications, and he made the choice. But he admittedly knew it was wrong. Bundy is not rational or reasonable, and really doesn't see that he is wrong. It's like trying to reason with people that thought it was their God given right to enslave other people - you are the one that is wrong for telling them they are wrong. Lyman knew exactly what he was doing. Bundy thinks all the world is against him.

And what that translates to, is the deal will end when he dies, and his estate is settled, or through violence. BLM isn't going to do what they did last time. My guess is they just play it out and wait for the old dude to kick off. Because really, that crap land down there isn't worth losing a life over, any life. And as crazy as some of those folks are, BLM isn't going to put their guys into the cross-hairs of a trigger happy looney.

Reactions: wyogoob

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Blm area he runs his cattle has some quail and a few chukar. I met one of his kin at a stock water hole while looking for bird sign. I do not know if he thought we were rustlers or just did not like us on public land, but let's just say it was not a friendly meeting. I also had the misfortune to be crossing the I-15 bridge during the insurrection. We were one of the last to cross before traffic was blocked. If you would have seen some of the screwballs running around with assault weapons you might have come away with a reevaluation on whatever your thoughts are one gun control. I did.
i have crossed that area off my list of bird hunting spots until the Feds clean things up.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I love how these BLM agents were considered some type of "federal army" during this situation. They were land management officers going to protect the rest of the American public from someone costing us a large chunk of change. IMO watching the videos the BLM agents aced pretty good when things stared getting out of hand. They had thugs pointing assault rifles at them, people screaming threats and slures, and even some of these that ran into their vehicles. In most cases the perpetrators of all these crimes against federal officers would not go so easily punished.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hmmm, I thought politics were forbidden on the UWN...guess oneI is exempt...It is enjoyable to see that he continues to talk out his back side about things he knows nothing about.....

·
Registered
513 Posts
He is also relatively connected with the Sheriff's office, so they are unwilling to serve arrest warrants. Which is why the dude won't step foot out of his own county. If he were to even drive into Clark County, he'd be arrested. Dude is now a prisoner in his own house so to speak.

The difference between Bundy and Lyman, is that Lyman is a reasonable and rational person. He knew what he was doing was illegal, and that he'd face the ramifications, and he made the choice. But he admittedly knew it was wrong. Bundy is not rational or reasonable, and really doesn't see that he is wrong. It's like trying to reason with people that thought it was their God given right to enslave other people - you are the one that is wrong for telling them they are wrong. Lyman knew exactly what he was doing. Bundy thinks all the world is against him.

And what that translates to, is the deal will end when he dies, and his estate is settled, or through violence. BLM isn't going to do what they did last time. My guess is they just play it out and wait for the old dude to kick off. Because really, that crap land down there isn't worth losing a life over, any life. And as crazy as some of those folks are, BLM isn't going to put their guys into the cross-hairs of a trigger happy looney.
Hmm so you personally know Cliven? How about Ryan or Ammon? Since Cliven was in Cedar City a few weeks ago, I guess your statement about a prisoner in his own home is off too.....

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm, I thought politics were forbidden on the UWN...guess oneI is exempt...It is enjoyable to see that he continues to talk out his back side about things he knows nothing about.....
You're right, it's good plot runner the knower of all good is here to chime in with nothing but antagonistic comments. And yes I already know I give my fair share as well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You're right, it's good plot runner the knower of all good is here to chime in with nothing but antagonistic comments. And yes I already know I give my fair share as well.
Just checking to see if politics were now allowed to be discussed on UWN. And I see that you side with the Feds on this matter, just wondering if you know the Bundy's or if you know any of the people personally that spent some time in Bunkerville last April stopping the Federal Government from imposing their will on a cattleman or if you having nothing better to do as usual are bringing this matter up because of a self imposed keeper of the galaxy mentality? Maybe you should have done a poll.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just checking to see if politics were now allowed to be discussed on UWN. And I see that you side with the Feds on this matter, just wondering if you know the Bundy's or if you know any of the people personally that spent some time in Bunkerville last April stopping the Federal Government from imposing their will on a cattleman or if you having nothing better to do as usual are bringing this matter up because of a self imposed keeper of the galaxy mentality? Maybe you should have done a poll.
I've got better things to do than argue that the government doesn't control the land that they absolutely do. I also am not a welfare case living off the American taxpayers dime and convieniently convincing myself I don't have to pay fees for using Americans public lands. I never said I fully agree with the BLM on every issue, but I sure as heck don't associate myself with welfare hillbillys trying to start the next revolutionary war and making Americans look like uncivilized barbarians. You don't have to agree with the law, and you can protest it or do what you want, however don't expect there to be no consequences for your actions. You and I can disagree with each other on the issue, but the law doesn't side with Mr. Bundy. I knew a great BLM agent once and some people really hated him. Guess who they were? The people breaking the law. He fined a few people for underage drinking, littering, smoking pot, and a few DUIs. He wasn't a "fed" out to get people. He was an officer doing his job. Strange how criminals have so much distaste for the law enforcement who do their job right.

Reactions: RandomElk16

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sorry lunkerhunter I can't like your other post, yore betting against me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You're going to be waiting along time lunker, arguing with 1eye is pointless and that wasn't my intent...my intent was to find out if politics were allowed on UWN again...I happen to consider some of the Bundy's as friend's and to see an internet hero like 1eye, that I'm guessing doesn't know them, attack them online with no instigation and then I see a mod who is very vocal about this sort of thing according to the posts in the Hall of Shame, jump on board, I was just seeking clarification.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're going to be waiting along time lunker, arguing with 1eye is pointless and that wasn't my intent...my intent was to find out if politics were allowed on UWN again...I happen to consider some of the Bundy's as friend's and to see an internet hero like 1eye, that I'm guessing doesn't know them, attack them online with no instigation and then I see a mod who is very vocal about this sort of thing according to the posts in the Hall of Shame, jump on board, I was just seeking clarification.
You can come after me for what you want plot, I'm cool with it. We disagree, I do that with a lot of people. I don't believe they are terrible people, but I do believe they are sucking the teat of the taxpayer and are breaking the law. The BLM can overstep sometimes, but a court of law is where we decide those things, that's what make us a civilized culture. They may be the nicest people in the world, but that doesn't mean I am going to give them a pass for breaking the law and denying the law.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The fact that you brought up an event that is 18 months in the past along with all your other posts today show's me that you have nothing better to do than sit around all day and troll the internet. You go from suing the federal government to talking smack on the Bundy's to trying to stir up crap with the Expo tags. Are you really that board or are you just the guardian of the galaxy...you are missing my point..I was just trying to clarify that politics were now allowed on UWN. Still waiting for a mod to chime in...If so I would love to see some of the old crew like fatbass, pro, berg, yonni, Artoxx, Wiley Wapiti and a few more jump back on the old UWN and let er rip....

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The fact that you brought up an event that is 18 months in the past along with all your other posts today show's me that you have nothing better to do than sit around all day and troll the internet. You go from suing the federal government to talking smack on the Bundy's to trying to stir up crap with the Expo tags. Are you really that board or are you just the guardian of the galaxy...you are missing my point..I was just trying to clarify that politics were now allowed on UWN. Still waiting for a mod to chime in...If so I would love to see some of the old crew like fatbass, pro, berg, yonni, Artoxx, Wiley Wapiti and a few more jump back on the old UWN and let er rip....
I brought it up because nothing has been done about it still.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts