Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Last week before the play-offs start with the conference championship games. What are your thoughts for the following games? And add one you are interested in if I left it off.

Local:
BYU at Utah State
Colorado at Utah (Utah favored by 16)

Pac 12 of Interest:
UCLA at USC (USC favored by 3 - winner plays in conference title game against Stanford)
Notre Dame at Stanford - Notre Dame win could secure spot in play-off for Irish

Play-off implications
Iowa at Nebraska - Iowa favored by 3 - Nebraska took down Michigan State - can they do the same for Iowa?
Baylor at TCU - Baylor favored by 1.5 - Baylor isn't out of it yet.
THE Ohio State at Michigan - Michigan Favored by 2? Wow.
Clemson at South Carolina - Clemson favored by 17
Alafrickinbama at Auburn - Iron Bowl always surprises - AFB favored by 13.5
Penn State at Michigan State - Penn State win could put Ohio State in Big 14 Title game
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State - Winner will win the Big9, but will it be enough to clinch a play-off spot?

Should be a really fun weekend for food and football.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I think if ND wins they're in (regardless of what happens in the big 10), if they lose they're out. If they win that gives them their only loss at #1 Clemson, on the road and a very close loss. Stanford is good but inconsistent at times.

·
1,666 Posts
OK. Last week before the play-offs start with the conference championship games. What are your thoughts for the following games? And add one you are interested in if I left it off.

Local:
BYU at Utah State
Colorado at Utah (Utah favored by 16)

Pac 12 of Interest:
UCLA at USC (USC favored by 3 - winner plays in conference title game against Stanford)
Notre Dame at Stanford - Notre Dame win could secure spot in play-off for Irish

Play-off implications
Iowa at Nebraska - Iowa favored by 3 - Nebraska took down Michigan State - can they do the same for Iowa?
Baylor at TCU - Baylor favored by 1.5 - Baylor isn't out of it yet.
THE Ohio State at Michigan - Michigan Favored by 2? Wow.
Clemson at South Carolina - Clemson favored by 17
Alafrickinbama at Auburn - Iron Bowl always surprises - AFB favored by 13.5
Penn State at Michigan State - Penn State win could put Ohio State in Big 14 Title game
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State - Winner will win the Big9, but will it be enough to clinch a play-off spot?

Should be a really fun weekend for food and football.
Just as a public service announcement for the BYU vs UTST Game

Winners
  • Utah State
  • Utah
  • USC
  • Notre Dame
  • Iowa
  • Baylor
  • Ohio State
  • Clemson
  • Alabama
  • Penn State
  • Oklahoma State

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think if ND wins they're in (regardless of what happens in the big 10), if they lose they're out. If they win that gives them their only loss at #1 Clemson, on the road and a very close loss. Stanford is good but inconsistent at times.
Looks and sounds like you'll be getting your wish soon with Les Miles. I am not as educated on LSU football as yourself, but seems he's done a pretty stand up job there from my observation. Problem with success, is that if you have a couple down years you are on the hot list.

Who exactly is LSU going to replace Miles with?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts