Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished kidney and midas a few times lately, and if you can brave the cold, the fish are in there. There are quite a few big brood stock brooks and bows in there, and the success rate is pretty high. I've had good luck fishing small buggers or nymphs in the smaller pond on long leaders under an indicator, or even throwing any pattern to fish you see cruising... good luck guys

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there were a lot. Now there arent too many. I bet they were the first to go. Color and size is standard for community ponds. They are long, most over 16", but they have no tails or fins at all... standard rubber trout...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Farmington Pond is closed to fishing in the winter months, thats could by why when people do Ice Fish there, they always do good :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I don't think that Farmington Pond is closed in the winter this year.
Can anyone say for sure?

·
Registered
303 Posts
from the DWR website:
Farmington Pond
Directions: Take I-15 to exit 326 (Hwy 89) and go E. on state Rd. 225 to the "T", at the "T" turn right and follow the Rd. to 600 N in Farmington, turn right and go to the stop sign, turn left and take 100 E to park
Size: 3-4 acres
Hours: Until 11:00 p.m.
Daily bag & possession limit: 4 fish total
Boating & floating: Not allowed
Likely catch: Rainbow trout, channel catfish, bluegill & largemouth bass
Site extras: Restrooms, parking, shade, benches, fishing pier and fish cleaning station
Site rules: Closed in winter, pets on leash ok
Handicap access: Yes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts