Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As people need things that are in short supply. We might want to let people know where we see stuff and when. Keeping it all to a single thread will keep from spamming the entire forum.

Post when you see something, what it is, where you found it.

6/24/21
Cabelas has 44 cal, 300 gr XTPs in stock on the website. They had 240s last week.
Scheels has Pyrodex in stock at SLC.

-DallanC

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Just components or ammo in stock, as well?

6/23/21
Cabelas had:
20 gauge--hunting and target loads
12 gauge--Several waterfowl loads (steel shot)
28 gauge--hunting and target loads

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IDK... I've been looking for 300gr XTPs for a very long time and just found them. Hence wanting to post here to let others know if they are in the same boat.

Maybe we make a similar thread in the guns section for ammo, or another in the reloading section... but really IDK where we draw the line. It can all be in one monolithic thread. If it gets too large the mods can break it up ;)

-DallanC

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Yesterday (Friday) Smith and Edwards West Jordan had FF and FFF 777 powder on the shelf. I believe it was $32.99 a jug. I have a new bottle and a 1/2 full bottle from last year, so I'm golden and didn't get one just to get it.

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cabelas has BH209 in stock on the website. This may very well be the last BH209 available for the rest of the year. Hodgdon bought Western Powders, and shipped out all powder in stock at the end of last year. They made 1 production run earlier this year and it will be the ONLY run for the entire year. Most of that powder shipped out in April so I'm highly surprised Cabelas got some in.

PS: $49 a bottle... /gasp

-DallanC

·
Administrator
11,092 Posts
I thought about ordering some this morning and having it shipped to their Grand Junction store to pick up on my way home but figured that 1 day shipping wouldn't work.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For an additional $20 they would ship it to your home. I ordered a couple cans, shipped to store... waiting to see if the order ships (it should, it was in stock for hours after my order). Really expensive IMO... but well less than the $90 per can on ksl, or $250 per can on gunbroker.

Its amusing as just last night I was telling my wife I'm going to switch over to Pyrodex as I have tons of that stuff vs running low on bh209 leading up to the hunt, and it looking bleak that Hodgdon wasnt going to make anymore for the rest of the year.... then this morning i see it show up in stock at Cabelas. I wonder if they got in a big shipment a while back, and are only putting up a certain # of cans per week for sale.

-DallanC

·
Administrator
11,092 Posts
I asked Cabela's customer service a number of years ago about the hazmat fee and if you had to pay it on a ship to store item, and the answer was yes that you have to pay a hazardous shipping fee on ship to store.

Perhaps they changed it

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never been charged hazmat on any powder purchases sent to store. That's the big perk of buying off the website and ship to store. It sometimes takes longer... sometimes alot longer, but way WAY cheaper than say ordering from PowderValley.

-DallanC

·
Administrator
11,092 Posts
The ship to store wouldn't of worked for me anyway since they usually require 3 days to ship

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I have an unopened can of BH209 I bought at sportsmans in February. Was planning on working up a load for my ultimate, but decided to stick with pellets for simplicity of it. I’m willing to sell it if someone is in need. Im In santaquin. You’ll need pick it up. PM me if you’re interested.

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting. I've not even heard of Federal 209MZ Muzzleloader primers. I image they are weaker primers like the KleanBore Remington primers? These would be fine for Pyrodex and similar powders, no good for BH209.

-DallanC

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Wow... sad times. Between the rise in ammo / component prices, fuel etc etc.... many people are going to be priced out of hunting in the near future.

I've been loading up on upland game shotshells over the past 6 months. I paid what I felt was "high'ish" prices at the time... but current prices are now well over what I paid at the time. I wouldn't have believed it could get this bad 2 years ago, I expected some pull back in costs as availability increased... but we're seeing the opposite.

Anyone follow wheat futures? Boy, its scary to see what's looming on the horizon. A neighbors daughter is in Hong Kong as a missionary. She hasn't seen bread in the stores for sale for over 2 weeks. She's shared pictures of nearly empty market shelves. That's crazy, Hong Kong is a fairly wealthy city to experience these kinds of shortages.

smh...

-DallanC

1 - 20 of 43 Posts