Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
11,112 Posts
It may be getting time for me to put some of my #6 and #8 lead shot on the market.....

But then I would also have to sell some of my 209 primer and shot shell powders hoard...

·
Registered
3,618 Posts

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I had a really great day with my son once shooting. We were sighting scopes messing around with different charge weights etc etc. We burned through a whole tray in an afternoon. It was a hoot and I fondly look back on that day. We had a crazy high pile of dirty cleaning patches lol.

Anyway, I have about 350 Kleanbore primers here at the house, so another 300 on order and I feel good for a really long time. My Remington is shooting extremely well again after going back to pyrodex from Blackhorn. My son has a new CVA Mountain rifle he bought from RemingtonCountry on this site a while back, it needs some final scope tweaks. But I dont expect any more long shooting sessions with the smokepoles.

-DallanC

·
Senior Goof
3,817 Posts
Shameless plug since stock is still up and down for ML's - I have another case of these I am sitting on and would sell. I probably could find an extra few sets of primers too I will post:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I found some Winchester 777 209 Muzzy primers on Sportsmans website, had to ship to store though. First I have been able to find them in 18 months or so of looking. Now I can finally become a muzzy hunter...neat!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just checked sportsman’s.. all 209s outta stock again. I’m doing strictly muzzy this year since I didn’t draw dedicated and my hunting partner (dad) wanted to just do muzzy elk. Anybody have some they would be willing to part with?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Just checked sportsman’s.. all 209s outta stock again. I’m doing strictly muzzy this year since I didn’t draw dedicated and my hunting partner (dad) wanted to just do muzzy elk. Anybody have some they would be willing to part with?
It’s near impossible to find primers in the stores, this is probably your best bet:

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So ML primers? I mean both winchester and cci make 3 different types of 209s.

Scheels might have some, call them... the website says "low stock" but they might still have a tray or two:

-DallanC

21 - 40 of 43 Posts