Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place to get my concealed carry in Utah County? Either a business or a persons residents.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
Well they run a class at Cabelas fairly often. Also there is a place right next to Gunnies that does it (Loke would know what their name is, I cant remember).

-DallanC

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Does anyone know of a place to get my concealed carry in Utah County? Either a business or a persons residents.

Thanks
There's usually a few advertisements on KSL ads if you check on them. Also I think sometimes at the gun shows they have the classes you can take there too.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
It seems like almost everybody I know who has a CCW permit carried religiously for about a week or so after getting it. Then, it's like they realized that it isn't worth the hassle to pack along a whole extra item (one that's a little bulkier than a wallet or cell phone) that they are likely never going to use and now they carry rarely if ever anymore.

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
I first got a CCP so that I could drop my boy off at his school after a morning of hunting with guns in the truck.

-DallanC

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
You can have a loaded handgun in your car, a loaded CC in you're business if your an owner, and of course you can carry/hide/conceal/leave on the coffee table/hide under your pillow etc,etc, in your home....so that don't leave to many more places where you might need a deadly weapon for DEFENSE. I've always figured why have my name on another list as a gun owner when the likelyhood of ever needing a gun other then in the places I've mentioned are astronomical.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
You can have a loaded handgun in your car, a loaded CC in your business if you're an owner, and of course you can carry/hide/conceal/leave on the coffee table/hide under your pillow etc,etc, in your home....so that don't leave to many more places where you might need a deadly weapon for DEFENSE. I've always figured why have my name on another list as a gun owner when the likelihood of ever needing a gun other than in the places I've mentioned are astronomical.
except maybe the movie theater, grocery store, company party, school, convenience store/gas station, favorite restaurant, walmart parking lot, etc. etc. etc........

·
Senior Goof
3,605 Posts
You can have a loaded handgun in your car
So when you get out of your vehicle, you either have to open carry with the weapon unloaded, or you are leaving a weapon in your vehicle vulnerable to theft.

I think that law is fine and dandy, except what happens when we aren't in our vehicle? You enter your vehicle with the intent to get out at a destination. Also, there aren't many cases you will need it there other than a robbery while you are inside. The dangerous situations are in places AFTER you exit the vehicle.

I see the point on the list, and the above point about the hassle.... I understand it is very rare to end up in a tragic incident. I just am not sure how I would feel knowing I have forms of defense sitting at home while myself, or family, are in a terrible incident completely vulnerable. The odds are rare, but I couldn't forgive myself if something happened and that one extra item could have potentially helped.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It seems Ready Gunner in Provo was advertising free classes recently. I got mine from there a couple years ago and it was 2 for $10. The instructor was great.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm not sure the state law allowing loaded weapons in a car supersedes the prohibition of having a weapon within a certain distance of a school without having a concealed carry permit. Perhaps it does, but with a permit, no worries there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts