Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure I've been hexed. I promised months ago to post some fishing reports, but the only report I've had to offer would get nixed by the admins due to profanity. Bear hunt wiped out May and June. My boat got rear-ended first trip out in late June. Haven't caught anything but tiny bass and 8" planter rainbows without my boat. Two months and $5000 later, my boat is back on the water but I still can't catch a fish.

It might be Joe Biden's fault, but I suspect black magic. Probably my ex-wife. So, do I need to sacrifice a chicken or sumpthin? Burn some candles or sage? Say the Eucharist backwords?

How's your summer fishing been? Drought changed things?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
It might be Joe Biden's fault, but I suspect black magic. Probably my ex-wife. So, do I need to sacrifice a chicken or sumpthin? Burn some candles or sage? Say the Eucharist backwords?

I blame the airplane contrails..........

The recent heat wave was pretty hard on the fish and by all accounts, the action, but cooling temps should improve things quite a lot in the next few weeks. Give Jordanelle a shot and you ought to get a few.

My summer was OK, and had some decent outings when life's events allowed trips. Hope to get out a few more times before my November hunt. Yes, the drought affected quite a lot of things this year and last.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I think we are dealing with the infamous curse of the Sego Lily Butthole. It was foretold. Beware of what new flag you vote for and be careful of the condiments you besmirch.

Conditions were all over the place for us this year. I didn't even try to fish Panguitch this summer because of gas prices so we hit Quail and Newcastle. We'd either have a ton of luck or be shut out. We had mixed luck at Fish Lake in July; FIL got skunked, I lost my gear to something healthy sized and my dad barely had time to rest between hits one day.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
we are headed to Wyoming tomorrow -- and, of course, all these goat sacrifications are starting kick in. Looks like it's going to be a wet float. Hopefully the water doesn't turn brown...

·
Hunter/Friend
177 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've been hexed. I promised months ago to post some fishing reports, but the only report I've had to offer would get nixed by the admins due to profanity. Bear hunt wiped out May and June. My boat got rear-ended first trip out in late June. Haven't caught anything but tiny bass and 8" planter rainbows without my boat. Two months and $5000 later, my boat is back on the water but I still can't catch a fish.

With an Ex-wife, there isn't anything you can do. Trust me. Best hope is to outlive her to get the last laugh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts