Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine in Cali makes these really cool sleeves to cool down your rifle barrels during summertime target or varmint shooting. They work great and can really help maximize your shooting sessions. I freeze a couple and put them in my ice chest. They will stay really cold all day and cool several barrels. She makes them in different sizes and will gladly ship to you. --------SS

Attachments

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly what Dallan said. Takes about 10 minutes to cool a barrel from ~350 degrees back to normal. I fire one "fouler" after cooling before going back to groups. Don't know if it matters but makes me feel better.------SS

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Do you get uneven cooling between the top of the barrel and the bottom of the barrel as it sits in the stock's channel?

Looks cool regardless, how much do they cost?

-DallanC

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It actually wraps all the way around pretty well. Seems to cool fairly evenly. I've messed around with an infrared thermometer and there are hot and cold spots when you first remove the cooling pack. By the time you get it to the bench and fire a shot it evens out very well. When I first saw this I worried about uneven heating affecting groups but I am able to shoot very well using the cooler. I think she wants something like $30.00 shipped, I'm really not sure. The ice packs are very high quality. Mine are on year number three with no noticeable deterioration. -------SS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts