Utah Wildlife Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Here I've been complaining about Lifetime. But its comparing apples to oranges. Their totally different. Weird. Here is pics of the ribbed gasket I added and the factory round seal. Now with the gasket I added it definitely helped. But I don't need the cooler anymore.

If anyone is interested I have a 100qt Coleman, 55qt Coleman extreme with wheels and this 55qt Lifetime $100 for all three. I'm tired of storing them.
Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Vehicle door Automotive exterior
Gas Rectangle Electric blue Automotive exterior Font

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
This video popped up in my feed. Thought it was kind of interesting.

Side note: this guy went to high school with me and is from Utah

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
The question isn't so much the difference between the Yeti and Igloo, but the difference between Yeti and the less expensive rotomolded coolers like Lifetime and Coho. Not much, except maybe country of manufacture.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I see a lot of these comparisons pop up on my feed too. What nobody ever wants to discuss are the reasons that I bought a Yeti years ago: durability.

I bought the Yeti, back when there weren't a whole bunch of other copy cats, for two reasons:
1. Because I can stand on the Yeti without any fear of the cooler collapsing.
2. Because the hinges on the Yeti lid are never going to fail.

My Yeti, and my Rtic, have held up to all the beatings I can throw at them, without any visual evidence. I doubt I'll ever need to replace either of those big coolers. They are awesome. Well worth the money I spent on them.

Would I buy another Yeti today? Probably not -- I'd probably look for a less expensive version, like the Rtic.
Do I have any "buyers remorse" for spending the money I did on that Yeti? Absolutely not. That was a fantastic purchase.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I put three 7lb, bags of ice in the 55-quart Lifetime cooler Friday morning. I left the ice in the bags, and as of today I have a total of 1 bag of ice, if I combine the remaining 3 bags together. I did not cool the cooler down with ice previous to loading it with food and drinks. For a $100 cooler it works well. Fish Lake was wet and rainy every day but caught fish so that was good.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Did the wind blow around 11am ;)

Its funny. I've looked at Lifetime's at several stores. They all have a gasket like yours. I must of bought a factory screw up.?

Either way its gone thanks to ksl. Everybody wanted just the Lifetime. I told the guy that bought the coolers that the other two were better coolers. He looked at me like I was crazy. I was honest!

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
I went anti-Yeti after they **** the bed with their anti-2nd amendment crap years back. RTIC boldly called them out on it and advertised their stuff with pro 2nd amendment ads / tweets. I've bought alot of RTIC stuff and its been great. As good of quality, cheaper... same performance.

RTIC > Yeti

-DallanC

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Did the wind blow around 11am ;)

Its funny. I've looked at Lifetime's at several stores. They all have a gasket like yours. I must of bought a factory screw up.?

Either way its gone thanks to ksl. Everybody wanted just the Lifetime. I told the guy that bought the coolers that the other two were better coolers. He looked at me like I was crazy. I was honest!
Did you sell all of them?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts