Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a pair of these based on some good reviews I found... having had them for over 2 months, I finally replaced the single AA battery in one of them. I use them every night to go lock up the chickens.

For the $5 price, the performance is unbelievable. Its REALLY bright for how tiny it is, and you can adjust the beam width from very wide to very tight. Very small and compact, light weight etc. It would be the bomb for a backpack light. The only thing I wish is the belt clip went the other way so you could clip it to a hat brim at times.

Just ordered a bunch more for presents and to keep in all our vehicles.

-DallanC

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once its "on" if you lightly press the switch, it will toggle a couple of modes. The modes are High, Low and Strobe. I guess if you were in trouble Strobe might help signal someone... but atm all I find it good for is disorienting the chickens.

:mrgreen:

PS: if you accidentally look at the beam while on high... know that the spots will go away after staring at the sun for a while the next day. lol

-DallanC

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
I wonder if dallanC got any commission for being such an excellent salesman

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anybody get their orders yet? Try them out? For a single AA battery they are really bright.

I ordered a couple more from china during a special sale they had ... I *thought* ordered the same ones I linked above from Amazon. When the new ones arrived I saw they are about 15% larger in size, and took a 3.7v "18650" rechargeable Lith-Ion battery vs the single AA of the tiny ones. No big deal, I got on ebay and ordered some batteries to match along with a charger. After trying them out, they are noticably brighter than the tiny ones (as expected), and a tad heaver, larger in size etc... but I really like the brightness increase of these, and being rechargeable is a bonus. The larger ones will stay in the truck / house. Tiny ones will go into the packs.

The slightly larger light:
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-C...es-Zoomable-LED-Flashlight-18650-p-48482.html

Rechargable 3.7v batteries
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Ultrafir...art-Charger-/381243332194?hash=item58c3df9662

-DallanC

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
I ordered mine the day you posted this tread. Was supposed to be delivers 2 weeks ago. Still haven't gotten them. Messaged the dealer and he said he's out of the office and will check when he gets back. Still haven't heard back...

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
I've messaged him back. apparently the dealer believes the holidays there screwed up the shipping. he offered me a refund or to send them again. i said i wanted the lights, he says he is shipping me more through a different carrier. updates will be posted.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Probably a Chinese customs problem. Pretty much every retailer in China lies about the contents of packages in order to save on customs duties, and often things will get stopped for spot checks, or really any reason at all.

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Well even ordering three lights was only like $12 including shipping, so I'm not terribly upset. If just like to get em here

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
In reading the reviews they seem to substitute a few different products of lesser quality. I ordered a few just now as I just saw this post.

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats the link I used... strange. It was a couple months ago, maybe they are drop shipping now.

-DallanC

1 - 20 of 28 Posts