Utah Wildlife Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2466 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm afraid I won't get any of the cool side effects and will be stuck with the Olestra type parting gifts (pun intended) by the time my shot comes around. I'd at least like some B Movie Zombie skills.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I got my first vaccination yesterday in Farmington. That operation up there is run so smooth. Everything went well & no side effects.

Pulling out of the arena I slumped over in the car & acted like I was blacking out. My wife was not amused lol

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I'm afraid I won't get any of the cool side effects and will be stuck with the Olestra type parting gifts (pun intended) by the time my shot comes around. I'd at least like some B Movie Zombie skills.
Meh, you aren't missing much. Brain is kind of bland and mushy and the extra cellular service just means you can be bothered more easily by people calling you.

On a more serious note, here is an article that discusses the challenges journalists have in writing about the differences in the different vaccines without freaking people out. I thought it had some useful information.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...son-johnson-vaccine-is-as-good-as-the-others/

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,404 ·
Does that mean that he doesn't have to go get the second one now in 4 weeks?
LOL IDK... he was cracking some jokes about passing out in meetings today. But he was rather serious about being concerned they re-used a needle on him previously used by someone else.

-DallanC

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
I was looking for some papers the other day and ran into my old military vaccination records. There are some things I have no idea what I was vaccinated for. :shock:

When I get some time I will have to google what they are.

I remember getting them several times, talk about efficiency, we just stood in a long line with our blouses off and T shirt sleeve rolled up on our shoulders, the doctor or nurse stood there with an air gun, no needles, the guys took one step, bam, took another step, bam, just one GI after another. You didn't want to flinch or it would tear your arm, you could tell the ones that flinched by the blood running down their arms.

Reactions: Vanilla

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I spent a couple years in Zimbabwe and Zambia as a young man. I had to get quite a few pokes in the arm for that one. I don't remember what they all were at this point. I wonder if my mom still has my vaccination records for that? Sometime I'm going to have to go comb through her stuff and see what I can find.

·
Super Moderator
9,422 Posts
I spent a couple years in Zimbabwe and Zambia as a young man. I had to get quite a few pokes in the arm for that one. I don't remember what they all were at this point. I wonder if my mom still has my vaccination records for that? Sometime I'm going to have to go comb through her stuff and see what I can find.
Mom's save everything when it comes to their kids.

When mine passed away a number of years ago we found mine and my sisters shot records that she had complied, and this was 30 years after I had gotten my last shot as we traveled around the US. I remember that if we were in a location where they were giving shots or boosters that she would sign me up for that poke in the arm.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Critter, turns out they do, until they give it back to you! I sent my mom a text asking if she thought she had it still, and she told me she gave me all that years ago. A quick look in a filing cabinet, and what do you know?

Looks like I got 7 pokes as part of that process. Some were multi-shot vaccines though.

·
Super Moderator
9,422 Posts
My mom never gave me stuff like that but then I was wanderer for a long time before I got married. My younger sister got all of her stuff but since I was never in one spot much more than a short time my mom held onto it. She then suffered a stroke just before I got married so I never got all of my childhood keepsakes until she passed away a couple of years later.

But after talking about this I went and dragged out my vaccine records. It looks like I got a slew of them before we went into Mexico where my dad was working clear back in 1961.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Alaska opened the floodgates to anybody over 16 this week. I got my first dose (Pfizer) yesterday. I had a "mild" case of COVID last year, and frankly that sucked for 4.5 months before the brain fog attacks stopped and my energy recovered.

But I'm not gonna sugar coat it, my reaction to the vaccine the past 25 hrs has not been pleasant. Not dangerous, but feels pretty rough. Worse fever than I ever had while sick, more and worse body aches and chills.

But hey, I still have my energy and no brain fog so I'll take this every time. And this has been way nicer than my reaction to my yellow fever vaccine in 2008. That was the sickest I've ever felt in my life and lasted 3 days.

I'm sure there's a lot to learn and that will be learned over time from this. In my family extended family we seem to all be having stronger reactions to the vaccine (Pfizer, moderna, and J&J) than most folks. I'm not exactly looking forward to round 2, but I'd much rather do that than risk getting COVID again. 4.5 months of losing access to my brain regularly was terrifying.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Interesting!

I wonder if there is a relationship between people being more reactive to the virus and being more susceptible to reaction from the vaccine?

Anyway second dose tomorrow. Hardly felt the first, I guess we will see.

And yes I don't have my old vaccination card from the army but I do remember there were a whole bunch listed. And they all seemed to happen in a really short time.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Co-worker just went and got the vaccine over lunch. They weren't paying attention and gave him a double dose (they thought the first shot was empty after injecting him and gave him a second shot. How do you miss that as a nurse???). Only AFTER the second shot did they verify the first shot wasn't empty. How clumsy.

-DallanC
Not saying it could not happen but I paid close attention today and what from I observed they had plenty of protocols in place to make sure of what they were doing (Davis County).

Good news is apparently it is only 7 days after your second dose that you are good to go according to the lady that was talking to me..

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
And in other news (I'll leave it to the reader to determine whether good or bad), I've decided to live and survive post vaccine dose 1. It was a right tough and nasty 37 hours, but I figured what the heck, I'll stick around. At least the scenery from my neighborhood is nice and the cupcakes make for great company.

I have to admit, post vaccine round 1 I have this insatiable urge to kill baby deer. Then again, that was there pre vaccine round 1.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I have to admit, post vaccine round 1 I have this insatiable urge to kill baby deer. Then again, that was there pre vaccine round 1.
This may be true, but the real test is what part of your kill you go to eat first.

If you are ignoring the tenderloins and backstraps and going for something more cranially, you will know.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
And in other news (I'll leave it to the reader to determine whether good or bad), I've decided to live and survive post vaccine dose 1. It was a right tough and nasty 37 hours, but I figured what the heck, I'll stick around. At least the scenery from my neighborhood is nice and the cupcakes make for great company.

From the looks of the green glow in those pic's , I have to assume that your Martian brothers were coming to save you from the pandemic ? ?
:grin:

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
So what you are saying is that you are back to normal?

Reactions: johnnycake
2401 - 2420 of 2466 Posts