Utah Wildlife Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2466 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm really torn on getting the vaccine shot with all the medical crap I've had to go thru the last year+.
I have another procedure tomorrow with the urologist. I'll talk to him about it then.
With the retail job I had I know I got exposed many times. Pretty sure I had it last August.

But, I do get confused quite often. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I'm really torn on getting the vaccine shot with all the medical crap I've had to go thru the last year+.
I have another procedure tomorrow with the urologist. I'll talk to him about it then.
I think that is the key. People who are worried should talk to their own doctors that know and understand their individual situation, and get advice from them. What I say on the topic is really irrelevant to you and your circumstances.

From what I hear, most medical professionals are recommending their patients get it. Yours may suggest otherwise for you.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
So I ended up getting the Johnson + Johnson shot yesterday. When i talked to the Doc, he was good with me getting the shot with what I have going on.
Both the Doc and the nurse had had theirs.

So far I feel pretty normal.....which is a relative term for me.
No Zombie instincts yet, just a sore arm from the shot. :cool:

It's was much less painful than the procedure that the Doc did on Tuesday.
He did what they call a Blitz Biopsy on my prostate. They take 30 bites from the prostate. The was NOT cool to say the least. Feel better today but Tuesday was rough. Yesterday wasn't as bad, but was still pretty sore. Waiting for the results to come back.

Do your yearly tests everyone. It probably caught my prostate cancer early enough, and would not have known about the bladder cancer until it would have been too late.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Hope you recover quickly, 2Full!

And the J&J vaccine is different technology. It isn't the zombie vaccine. It's the one that has AIDs in it.

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
Good luck 2full, we are pulling for you.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,427 ·
Yea good luck 2full.

I just started doing some of "those tests", got checked and walked out with $1100 a month in prescriptions. LOL... no F'ing way I'm paying that. Insurance Co wont cover them... told them to find something else, period. Insurance came back with one alternate, $0.75 a month (I kid you not... from $525 to under $1), the other alternate is $75 (down from $575). Really feels like Doctors are getting a kickback to push certain meds over others.

PS: Getting old sucks.

-DallanC

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I had a really serious ear infection several years ago. The drops prescribed were going to cost me about $150 out of pocket. The pharmacy called me and told me if the doctor would prescribe them as eye drops, it would only cost me $40 out of pocket.

The EXACT same medication and same amount of the medication. The doc simply had to call it eye drops instead of ear drops to save me over $100. Yes, the system is seriously screwed up! Insurance companies and health care providers (not necessarily the docs, but their bosses) are taking us to task in a big way. “This is the price contracted with your insurance company.” I’ve heard that a time or two.

·
Super Moderator
3,313 Posts
Good luck 2full!

My wife got her first shot on Tuesday and complained about body aches from late Tuesday night through last night. Wondering if I should be prepared to find a zombie in my house when I get home from work today . . .

·
Super Moderator
9,422 Posts
Just don't complain about dinner when it is brains.

On the drug front, wait until the insurance company changes the schedule on a drug that you have been taking for a dozen years to where they don't cover it anymore

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The shot hasn't bothered me at all I feel just fine. But one of the other guys that got one yesterday at the same place has been sicker than a dog.
And yes, the Doc's do get kickbacks. My wife worked for one for 10 years before she went to the police department.
The drug salesman took us to several swank dinners as rewards for "drug sales". Esp the pain pill guys.
The Doc later did some jail time........

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
First shot scheduled! I can't wait to enter friend's houses again. Everyone in our closest circle will be vaccinated by the end of April.

Can't wait to enter the next phase of this long experience.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I recently “recovered” from covid. I tested positive after being exposed and developing a very minor cough. Due to rules from the schools, if I isolated from family they would only have to quarantine and stay away from school for 10 days. So I remained in the master bedroom, the rest of the family had the rest of the house. I never had a fever. I never was tired. I never had anything other than a minor cough and a little bit of stuffiness. I did lose my taste, but only for 3 days. I’m very thankful I didn’t have worse symptoms, but it was frustrating not even being able to hug my wife and kids or talk face to face with them for 10 days when I felt fine. But we made it through and as of a few days ago we are among the land of the living again.

I did a little hiking last night and this morning, and I can tell you that even though my felt symptoms were very mild to non-existent, there is a difference in my lungs. It was a very different feeling on some pretty mild trails. I had to visit Corona Arch to commemorate coronavirus.

C5F71D9B-5FEC-420D-A1DC-785B948CBDC2.jpeg

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Nilla, sorry to hear you got it, but glad to hear about the recovery. It's crazy how it seems to hit each person differently. I guess that puts a hold on you going zombie mode via vaccination.

Sounds like you are well on your way and hope to see you out on the water and afield soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,422 Posts
I got my second shot on Saturday, Sunday I felt tired but not so bad that I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

That was until I sat down in my recliner and woke up a hour later. But that chair has that effect on me whenever I sit down in it.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I got my second shot on Saturday, Sunday I felt tired but not so bad that I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

That was until I sat down in my recliner and woke up a hour later. But that chair has that effect on me whenever I sit down in it.
They say that the older a person is, the less side effects they are seeing from the vaccine. Just sayin...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Glad you had minor symptoms. I hope your lung function jumps back to normal soon.

Got my first shot today and I have to say it was a bit emotional. This has been a long ride but to be honest I didn't imagine we'd have a vaccine this soon. Our household will be fully vaccinated by the end of April and our daughter should be getting antibodies if the early data remains accurate.

It's such a relief to know in a little more than a month we can enter friend's homes again, break bread with those we care about and enjoy a summer of interacting with our community. Looking back is still tough knowing how many people were/are impacted. This virus tooks it's toll.

2421 - 2440 of 2466 Posts