Utah Wildlife Forum banner
2781 - 2792 of 2792 Posts

·
Administrator
8,122 Posts
Goob took your call?

-DallanC
after my aforementioned covid regimen, I realized I was taking guidance from my dog. Been a long day trying to stay clear from the gamboo

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Does insurance cover the "Women n Guns" modality of therapy? I don't think I could afford Goob's going rate except for the "Walk n Talk" discount while cleaning up the Mirror Lake Highway.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I think I've contracted the VID...

If not then it is simply the worst head cold/sinus affliction I have ever experienced in my 42 years. Unfortunately testing takes a few days or more to get results so I get to do my best to stay jome and be productive.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
😂 you guys need to Google what a rear naked choke is. It’s not nearly as perverse as you’re making it seem.

As for the not living bit or living in fear, don’t take it personally or as an attack, Vanilla, not everything is about you. You might not be living in fear but there are lots of people that are and those are the ones people are referring to.

I agree extremism on either side is super annoying

·
Registered
812 Posts
My Wife’s 34 year old , non vaccinated nephew caught it 2 months ago went in the hospital for 9 days and passed away. Maybe that was the Delta who knows?

·
Registered
All of it. Hiking is terrible without a gun or rod in my hands.
716 Posts
Being aware and cognizant and outright fear are two different things. If anyone wants to see outright fear, take a trip down to 'The Land of Entrapment', particularly Albuquerque and Santa Fe. State leadership has personified the virus as something that lurks in the shadows just waiting to jump on you unexpectedly.
I would consider, however, that the demographics are pretty different. No one could argue with the numbers and effects that COVID had on Native American populations. The Navajo were hit particularly hard, as you know. The land of Entrapment does have it's shortcomings to be sure. But the population is significantly different and the cultural differences are pretty stark as well. Not to say they were right or wrong, you'd know the messaging better than I would.

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I would consider, however, that the demographics are pretty different. No one could argue with the numbers and effects that COVID had on Native American populations. The Navajo were hit particularly hard, as you know. The land of Entrapment does have it's shortcomings to be sure. But the population is significantly different and the cultural differences are pretty stark as well. Not to say they were right or wrong, you'd know the messaging better than I would.
McKinley and San Juan counties are a long way from Bernalillo and Santa Fe counties. The hand-wringers are from the metro areas (Bernalillo and Santa Fe). The larger impact hitting the Navajo right now are suicides, actually, from the fallout of this mess: depression and substance abuse are the contributing factors. There are times when there are 3 funerals/burials per day related to this. I have several good and close acquaintances that are Navajo and think the world of them.

This virus (and the handling of it) has had a major impact on thousands of people that has nothing to do with the cardiopulmonary system.

But the media won't tell you that....

·
Registered
All of it. Hiking is terrible without a gun or rod in my hands.
716 Posts
This virus (and the handling of it) has had a major impact on thousands of people that has nothing to do with the cardiopulmonary system.

But the media won't tell you that....
I wouldn't disagree with you on that. It has had a lot of effects and many to be discovered. I've got some dear Navajo friends as well. It's been tough on them- especially because they are naturally less inclined for socialization. The grandfather has been in the hospital with COVID. Grandma (Matriarch) has been doing everything possible to help them family. They're from Arizona and told me how many of their extended family they lost. Pretty sad deal, and the after effects of depression/substance abuse are also equally terrible.

2781 - 2792 of 2792 Posts