Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cow elk app was withdrawn and I dont know why. Only possibility would be that i didn't fill out my harvest survey for last year. Would that me the only reason?? And would I still get a point?? Any info...

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
My cow elk app was withdrawn and I dont know why. Only possibility would be that i didn't fill out my harvest survey for last year. Would that me the only reason?? And would I still get a point?? Any info...
Not sure on the point or not, but I would guess this is the reason.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Scratch that . I can't find anything that says its mandatory. If it's not then your app should not have been withdrawn for that. I would call and see why.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
For LE hunts it's mandatory, but to my knowledge, antlerless surveys are optional.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I'm not proud of it, but I totally spaced my survey 2 years ago. Drew this year no problem, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
"Hunters who obtained an antlerless permit are strongly encouraged to submit a harvest report, although there is no penalty for failing to do so. Hunters who obtain an antlerless permit can report their harvest online or by calling toll-free 1-800-221-0659. We will attempt to contact all mitigation/depredation antlerless hunters by telephone to complete their harvest survey"

They say that but they also contradict themselves by saying this:

"In fact, not properly completing your harvest report requirements can affect your ability to hunt or get a bonus point in the next year's hunt drawing without restoring your eligibility and paying a late fee."

If you did not complete your survey and that is the reason for your withdrawn app, then you should not have been charged the $10, in fact you shouldn't even have been able to get to the pay now screen when you applied. You know they aren't going to give you the money back though right?

·
Super Moderator
9,803 Posts
The problem is that instead of asking here on the forum about his draws he need to call the division and find out what is going on with his draws. All we can do is speculate on what is going on.

He also does not state if his draw last year was for a anterless or LE hunt which have different requirements for the surveys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts