Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
3,701 Posts
I'm going out tomorrow to see if I can get my cow tag filled. Only have a couple of weeks left
Well, I did make it out Saturday and Monday mornings, finally found cow elk both days but Saturday I saw 2 cows and 2 calves with one spike and one 6 point bull but they were 1800 yards away in deep snow and a couple of small canyons.
Monday I did catch a herd of about 30 cows and calves with one 6 point bull, closest I got was 565 yards, I need Johnnycake that can hike through all that snow. I decided a cow wasn't worth all the work of trudging through the snow.

But it was fun seeing them and driving through the winter wonderland.
Sky Snow Automotive tire Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Car

· Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Don't know why the second pic doubled. And yes still seeing big bulls both days. With the heard of 30 cows I have seen almost more cows than bulls on this years hunts.

Reactions: colorcountrygunner

· Premium Member
3,701 Posts
bowgy, we're not mad. We're just very disappointed.
Yeah..... me too, but putting one of them in the scope I thought if she dropped right there it wouldn't be too bad getting her to the truck, but if she took off for a few hundred yards or more I didn't want to trail her in the snow. I thought it would be better to find one a littler closer or make tag soup.

I have till the 31st.

Reactions: jbseamus83
1 - 5 of 5 Posts