Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually cruise KSL this time of year and look to see what a local private land access cow elk hunt is going for. I found one for $400 two years ago up SF canyon and actually bought it and tagged a cow. I felt that $400 was reasonable for a cow elk hunt. That’s individuals price nearly doubled this year, and the rest I am seeing is upwards of $1200 +. I know people are buying them or they wouldn’t be selling for that price. But good grief, $1200 for a cow elk hunt....maybe I’m just too big a penny pincher to actually consider that reasonable. That’s crazy to me

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I would never pay more than $600 for a cow tag, and then it would need to be a guarentee.

For $900, I can go for one morning on a nearby reservation and it's a guarentee.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Any more than $500, and I'd be out. Cows are a meat hunt (albeit a fun one). No way, I'm paying 800, 1000, or 1200 for a voucher. Kudos to those property owners that can get it though.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Any more than $500, and I'd be out. Cows are a meat hunt (albeit a fun one). No way, I'm paying 800, 1000, or 1200 for a voucher. Kudos to those property owners that can get it though.
That's why I opted out on the general archery tag this year. A cow (spike) just isn't worth $600 to me when my "annual" private land voucher is $500 and pretty much a guarantee...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts