Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a friend with a cow elk tag and a premium bull tag I know he can hunt them at the same time as long as they are in the same area my question is if he shoots his bull during the early rifle season can he continue to hunt his cow tag the other seasons the elk hunts go like during the muzzle loader hunt and late season or can he just use it for the cow hunt

·
Registered
248 Posts
If it is an elk control tag I believe he can only hunt during the same hunt the premium bull elk tag is.. but don't quote me on that...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If it is an elk control tag I believe he can only hunt during the same hunt the premium bull elk tag is.. but don't quote me on that...
This is true and why I was asking him to clarify, reason being a control tag accompanies the antlered tag in your possession and is only good for those dates.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It would be the same scenario as a guy with a cow elk tag and a dedicated hunter deer tag who shoots a deer on the archery hunt but continues to hunt to fill his/her control or late season cow tag... as long as the dates on your buck/bull tag are open you can kill an antlerless elk with the legal weapon for those dates.

Whether it's a control tag or a late season cow tag doesn't matter... the "additional opportunity" for the late season tag makes them open at the same times for the hunter but the late season tag has the benefit of those later dates listed on the permit.

Just keep the permit portion of the buck/bull tag on your person and you will be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts