Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The nice weather when we arrived at 9:30. Slight breeze, sunshine..

Ended up iceing 7 fish total, all fairly nice fish.
Dad with 2 of his five.

Brother-in-law got skunked, I lucked into 2, 5.25 pounders, but the battery in my camera died just as I was getting the first through the hole. :mrgreen:

Then about 11:30 the front started to roll in, 30-40 mph winds,

about 12:30 the snow started with the wind, so we decided to call it day about 12:30.
I had an extra battery back in the truck, so I was able to get this shot as we were leaving the parking lot(we practice catch and release, so again no pics of the 5 1/4#'ers. :mrgreen:

Despite the short trip, is was great to get out!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice pics. I hope to go fish the lake next week. Alot of people under estimate this lake. Its always cool to see the pics to go along with the story. Thanks :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great report. I have caught fish there that were near 4 or 5 pounds before. Great lake, good to hear ya got out there. I noticed that they have planted Colorado River Cuts in there. I would like to get one of those.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're really good about plowing the road up to the dam, the county and i'm guessing the F&G need to get up there all winter. The road is snow packed, but we never did put in 4wheel drive. The steepest dugway was paved years ago, and they do salt it, but I would'nt go without a 4wheel drive vehicle, or the day of or after a storm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts