Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been up to Cutler and knows the no BS info on what the changes are now. I had heard the signs say you can run 35 hp and below. My buddy and me are thinking about planning a hunt up there, but his mud motor is a 35 horse.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Benson Marina north, there are no restrictions. South of the old railroad bridge is 25 horse motor or less. So I guess it depends on where you want to go, North or South.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The sighn at the valley view boat dock say's 35hp. But you must stay at a wakless speed when south of the old railroad bridge. :D :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yup its 35 HP or less, and wakeless speeds only. Also the hours there are from 5 AM till 7 PM right now. I have hunted up there twice, and noone seems to care about the regulations. I didnt see one boat going below wakeless, and even saw a guy with a 40 HP engine (not sure an engine that big can even idle at wakeless). I got there at 5 AM and there was already four trucks parked and loaded. Im not saying that we should all break the rules just because some do. We should realize that it is private property and it is a privilage that we get to hunt there and it can be taken away from us at any time.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Like has been said the restrictions are 35 hp max south of the old railroad bridge and wakeless speed. I wouldn't worrie too much about the gates because I have driven over valley view several times between 3-5 in the morning and the gates have always been open.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I will see about getting up there sooner or later; I'm heading down home for the opener in AR. I have heard it slow hunting up there right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts