Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Jim and I finished our Slam last Thursday 15 July 01 with a Colorado River Cutt on Gilbert Creek in the Uintahs. We never did hook anything to brag about, but we had a great time. We started in May in the Raft River Mnts. Johnson Ck, with the Yellowstone River Cutty then onto Curtis Ck for the Bonnie and followed by the Right Hand fork of the Logan for our Bear River score. Inspite of driving est. 900-1,000 miles and shelling out expenses (cutthroat cost a bunch per pound) we had the time of our lives. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a challenge, and a great time outdoor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictured are the Bonneville and the Bear River they are very similar in appearance but the genetics are different when coming from different water sheds. The bottom pic is my Bonnie, from the Deep Creek Mnts. South of Wendover. Crazy FUN!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Congrats. Those are some pretty fish and the Deeps photo is excellent.

My son wanted to do the Cutt Slam last year- in one day. We started fishing in the Raft Rivers at sun-up and ended on the North Slope at sundown. A long day and a lot of fun. I think doing it in more than one day would be much more relaxing. haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts