Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts good or bad about the following CWMU deer hunts, just enough points to draw these (hopefully) and want second opinions not from the operators on size of deer and any experience anyone has had with these:

Old Woman Plateau
Minnie-Maud Ridge
Lone Tree/Taylor Hollow

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
The first of the three would be my choice. The people running it and selling their hunts these days have good reason to make sure they have a good reputation. I'm not sure about quality.

I'll find out what kind of deer EXACTLY, they have put on the ground in recent years and get back to you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Minnie Maud has great people (the patrolman) to work with; they were very helpful when needed. You will see TONS of deer but nothing huge. The biggest deer I seen which is the one I shot on the last day was a 17'' 4 point(I didnt see any of the 25''-30''rs that the operater claims to see daily). I was not impressed with the quality of deer. I'm sure there are bigger deer there as there are on public ground but I sure didn’t see any and I hunted HARD. I know they have a TON of paying customers that get first dibbs on the land. Also, the land is surrounded by other private property and my understanding is that it gets hunted very hard. If your looking for quality bucks I'd say put in else where. If your looking for qty, easy draw and good camping then go for it. PM me if you have any specific questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts