Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone noticed that the CWMU hunter satisfaction ratings have been removed from the CWMU information pages on the DWR website?. Or am I missing something?:(

Why was it removed? When was it removed?

(I suspect we will enjoy reading both official and unofficial reasons for the removal of hunter satisfaction ratings):shock:

DWR AMY - You care to shed some light on this?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Probably because anyone who found a really good sleeper CWMU gave crappy ratings to distract the crowd and guys who got hosed by a crumby CWMU gave praise because misery loves company?---------SS

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
That is interesting. I was on the CWMU Committee when the satisfaction ratings were made public. The goal was to allow the public to get a feel for the CWMU. (Many times the public satisfaction was higher than the private)

After looking through the CWMU info pages, there is some misinformation which contradicts the Rule. Maybe they have just not gotten it all updated since the changes which were made in Dec.

I'd like to see the CWMU's season dates on the site so the public hunter knows if the CWMU has chosen the Nov hunt option. (At one time the Nov hunt option CWMUs were identified in the proclamation)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I noticed this the other day as well. I certainly wish they were included. It is one thing if the operator has one tag then the rating could be skewed but if they have multiple public tags then I believe the satisfaction index is helpful.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Derek you are correct. The hunter Satisfaction Index is included in the harvest report. this however makes the information harder to find. they completely removed it from the CWmu section of the website specifically from the pages that describe each of the CWMu units.

I wonder if the paying clients were looking at the ratings and was costing the CWMU units money. Just a guess...just saying...:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts