Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went hunting today near the blue creek area in box elder county and my dog got wacked in the face by a friggin porcupine! Didnt see any pheasants. Should I look at getting my dog some antibiotics? Or do you think he will be ok, we plucked all of them out.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
You should take some pictures and post them.. those are always cool too see. Porcupines are full of fleas on parasites because they can't clean themselves. Did you see the porcupine?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
your dog will be fine, make sure you got all the quills out. I had one dog that got stuck twice by a procupine. he never learned from the first one.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I did see the porcupine, I my dog kept trying to bite it but he would just get more quills. We plucked a total of about 50 quills out of his chin, nose, and some on his leg. I wish I had a picture of it.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
We had a neighbor who had a one of those living in their window well. I guess the only way to evict it was to get a thick blanket and tackle it. He ended up throwing it in the back of his station wagon and driving it far far away.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nambaster said:
We had a neighbor who had a one of those living in their window well. I guess the only way to evict it was to get a thick blanket and tackle it. He ended up throwing it in the back of his station wagon and driving it far far away.
Your neighbor is braver than I... couldn't he just kill it???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts