Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of us made the trip to Daniels sun and managed to ice a few fish between 10 and 19-7/8 inches, most were right around 17-18 and the total number was in the low thirties. The ice was a good 10 inches and there was nobody fishing the upper end due to poor access. As most of you know the roads were terrible which extended our drive a little over an hour and put us in the ice hole around 9:20. The first hour and a half was hot and heavy and around 1:00 we picked up and headed to Devils Creek only to find it reeeaaally slow. Sorry, no pics this time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Skeet I have always been intrested in fishing Daniels, but I don't know where it is. I know where Devils Creek if it's close to there. Thanks for your report.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Daniels is in Idaho and is North of Malad about 13 to 17 miles if I remember correctly. It has a 20 inch slot limit and is artifical fly and lure only, no bait or scent can be used. WH

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All correct and not to forget 1 pole and one barbless hook, just pinch the barb down with a pair of pliars and make sure it's down all the way. Keepers need to be a minimum of 20 inches but I'm not sure without checking the regs as to how many, I normally put them all back so I don't worry about it. Head through Malad and take a right at the yield sign, follow the main road and signs as it windes through town. It normally takes approx 20-25 minutes from the gas station just off the freeway after you pick up your license.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts