Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after weeks of working on her new gun, it turned out my daughter was not able to shoot it accurately enough for me to feel comfortable with her taking it hunting this year. So, we fell back on her trusty .308. She had passed on a spike opening morning but she told me on the way in lastnight, anything with horns was goin down lol. This little buck came out at about 400 yards and the buck fever kicked in. I told her to calm down and watch him through the scope. I knew he wasn't in a hurry and after patterning these deer for weeks prior during the archery hunt I knew right were he was headed. She watched him through the scope until he got to 362 yards and turned broadside. I asked her if she was ready, and I could tell by her response she was as most of the buck fever had passed. I told her to hold 1/3 his body width above his back and fire when ready. BOOM-THWACK and down he went. I stared yellin DRT, DRT! and the tears started flowin. First on her as she laughed and cried and near hugged the life out of me and then yes I may have had a tear or two run down my face, or maybe it was sweat :) either way, its a memory I could draw upon in my darkest hour to bring a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. Not the biggest buck on the hill, but a trophy none the less. Big thanks to Bowdacious for coming up and helping us get this little guy out. With my bad back, I need all the help I can get. Thanks buddy!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Good job!! Get um right into it all blood n guts! Congrats to her (and you dad).

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
Great story, and the smile is priceless. 8)

Reactions: Bo0YaA

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Hey Boo...we call those tears..."allergy attacks" LOL. Awesome story and congrats on raising her right !!! Great job.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
Thats cool... and a pretty long shot for someone starting out too. That she made it, very cool. Congratulations to the both of you.

-DallanC

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
GREAT JOB! And thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: Bo0YaA

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats cool... and a pretty long shot for someone starting out too. That she made it, very cool. Congratulations to the both of you.

-DallanC
Shes a shooter with that little .308, took her elk at 408 last year. Wish I could shoot like she does lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts