Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I "still hunted" the entire day...or should I stomp hunted cause I swear I was like a moose pushing deer from spot to spot...I did get about 30 yds from one but I didnt have an arrow knocked :/

Most bucks i've seen while hunting up in the extended archery area, but also extremely frustrating to push so many bucks/deer around :(

The dry leaves from fall turning winter isn't helping either :/

Enjoy!

If you can't tell at the end I was exhausted...

-Lenni

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks like you're getting into them which is good! I feel like my best success this fall has come from getting up high in a spot I know holds deer and glassing for them. Once you locate one you might want to pursue you can put the stalk on from there! At least that's my 2 cents

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you're getting into them which is good! I feel like my best success this fall has come from getting up high in a spot I know holds deer and glassing for them. Once you locate one you might want to pursue you can put the stalk on from there! At least that's my 2 cents
Ya I need to do that one of these days. I also need to get out in the mountains and stay for more than just one day. I think that will help as well.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sounds like you are trying to use my patented spook and spot hunting method -_O-. You are certainly not alone. The deer like to dig in and not show themselves much this time of the year. Getting in to those hidey holes is tough but I have killed most of my critters on the front by still hunting. The only problem is that it takes a lot of screw up to make something happen usually but when it does it is awesome.

Reactions: phorisc

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you are trying to use my patented spook and spot hunting method -_O-. You are certainly not alone. The deer like to dig in and not show themselves much this time of the year. Getting in to those hidey holes is tough but I have killed most of my critters on the front by still hunting. The only problem is that it takes a lot of screw up to make something happen usually but when it does it is awesome.
rofl, spook and spot for sure!
Last time I went hunting I saw so few deer I was convinced they are psychic and were avoiding me all the time. This time I spook them all, maybe my foil hat was working :p

Ill keep at it, my biggest problem is I get close while following tracks and I think they are further off than are...then I hear a loud thump as they hop up and then the loud deer hopping sounds you hear as they run off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts