Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

It's been a hard, hot year and the bucks have eluded me. Anyone have any suggestions for good spots to tag out with a doe?

-jmad

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
For 150$ I would guide you to a blind, that you could NEVER go to again. Help drag out a doe. PM me if you have any interest, short 20 minute hike. 30-40 yard shot.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
HOGAN said:
For 150$ I would guide you to a blind, that you could NEVER go to again. Help drag out a doe. PM me if you have any interest, short 20 minute hike. 30-40 yard shot.
Good luck on telling someone where it is and them NEVER going to it again.........I'd take you up on your offer....but I don't have 150$ Instead I'd give you........well, I'm sure we could work something out. Need anything welded?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
As has been said, they're everywhere. But if you want a relative slam dunk, get south of Parleys where the does are used to people, haven't been shot at and will let you walk up to them without bolting. Neff's, Hughes, Ferguson, ...any one of those canyons is a good bet. I'd suggest early morning, though - get in and get out before the crowds of hikers show up with their kids. Wouldn't want to traumatize anyone. :lol:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Finnegan said:
I'd suggest early morning, though - get in and get out before the crowds of hikers show up with their kids. Wouldn't want to traumatize anyone. :lol:
Oh c'mon TRAUMATIZE all you want. It's good for them. Who knows, you might get a couple to convert.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Oh c'mon TRAUMATIZE all you want. It's good for them. Who knows, you might get a couple to convert.
Convert to what is the real question.

For $149 I will take you to this blind that you can never use again. :lol:

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Im hoping to head out this saterday moring for my doe. I got a couple groups spoted and it just geting in on them and geting a shot off.it should be fun.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
weatherby25 said:
Convert to what is the real question.

For $149 I will take you to this blind that you can never use again. :lol:
Convert to hunting I hope.......but you're right, you never know. For $148 dollars I'll meet you at the blind and tell you that you can never go there again! :roll:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Didn't anyone ever tell you that they go south(Davis County) for the winter........

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
No. I will walk you up once. You get a doe, call me, I will help you with it out and pay up. Would have to meet you in person and make sure you are the real deal and would keep your word, never to return, unless of course you called and asked.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
FC2Tuber said:
HOGAN said:
Joke?
Ya gotta wear orange though.... :? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
I'm mess'in with you FC2Tuber....if HOGAN say's he'll do something...he'll do it ! :)

in fact....he may be the best guide on this forum.. :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maybe Saturday afternoon....

·
Registered
309 Posts
.45 said:
I'm mess'in with you FC2Tuber....if HOGAN say's he'll do something...he'll do it ! :)

in fact....he may be the best guide on this forum.. :shock: :shock:
I know... it's all good. :D

Actually, I was thinking it was a joke that someone would pay $150 to be guided to an area to hunt does, and had to promise they wouldn't go back. That's nothing against Hogan at all... I just can't believe anyone would do that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well A have seen at least 15 doe everytime A have gone up elk hunting. Go up mill d and I will give you 150 if you dont see something. Also try directly north of solitude. It is flat and a easy hike. I have seen 10 or so deer everytime there to. You might have to park in the solitude parking lot (if that is ok). From the looks of things today you will need snowshoes. Also take in mind I was looking for elk, so if i went back up there I would probably see nothing but elk. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts