Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tanglefree line is the best.

I use line clips to hold the weight next to the deek when in the bag and it also lets you put them out and pick the up faster. There is no more winding the strings and weights.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I agree with mallardpin. He does it exactly the same way I do. Its a great system

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use a similar method, although slightly different. I use tangle free line and elongated oval shaped weights. On the other end, I make a small loop using a line crimp. I use spring clips to group the deeks in half dozen sized groups. You hands never have to touch anything but the head of the deek, the spring clip, and the decoy bag.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the spring clip that holds the weight up under the decoy. I hunt 3X a week and after a season of wear and tear none of the springs work any more and they freeze up to easily so you end up wraping them anyways.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, I agree with Spooner. The Texas Rig is by far the best. I reworked all mine last year and have been very satisfied. I only wish I had done it years ago :p ..........

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Tanglefree line is good stuff.... one note... its not any better than any of the others when it gets cold. It freezes into clumps or knots and takes forever to untangle. I rig mine like MP except I put the spring clip on one side of the keel and the weight on the other. That way I can just run the line out through the clip and it works like the Texas rig... just letting the decoy run out as far as the wind will blow it until it comes up against the clip. Its pretty quick and also lets you pull a bunch of dekes by the cord, lifting them all and dropping them in the bag without having to handle cold wet dekes. The only time I've had to wrap dekes is when I use that braided nylon... and if that stuff knots up, you're better off cutting it and retying than trying to unwork a wet knot. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts