Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I applied for the DH program and grabbed a GSD point. I was under the impression that during my 3 year dedicated period I could still apply for general deer points, not tags, I know you can only get one deer tag. I just wanted to buy a point.
When I tried to do that this year, the system would not let me. Is that a new rule or did I just miss understand the rules of the DH program? Anyone else that was dedicated in the past have information on this?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Once you’re in the program, you can’t apply for a general point during your DH enrollment. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember. It’s nothing new

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you're in the program, you can't apply for a general point during your DH enrollment. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. It's nothing new
Thanks, good to know. Just a case of my missing that in the regulations. That changes nothing but it's nice to know the rules didn't change.

·
Registered
164 Posts
In years past you could do Dedicated hunter and get a point for general deer tag. They closed that loop hole last year.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Last year I applied for Dedicated Hunter and a general point. I drew DH and now have 1 general deer point.

Although I don't think you can do that again once you have successfully drawn DH.

·
Registered
721 Posts
In years past you could do Dedicated hunter and get a point for general deer tag. They closed that loop hole last year.
No it's always been you could apply for a general and a dedicated tag at the same time on the same year. Once you draw a dedicated, you are no eligible to apply for a general point during your DH enrollment period. You can still apply for both, there's no loophole on that and it wasn't closed last year. It was talked about making you pick one or the other, but not both, and it was never pushed through and finalized

1 - 8 of 8 Posts