Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Rainbow Bay today for a couple hours. Moved to 5 or 6 different spots and only marked a couple fish then I got a phone call to go home. Started in about 35 feet of water and then worked my way down to 15 feet. The fish were in a little shallower. I didn't mark any fish out in the deeper stuff, which to my surprise they were in the deep water a week and a half ago. I'll be at the Berry bright and early tomorrow though. Hope to get my line stretched.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
So you didn't get to catch any? Crappy. I hate it when outside forces make me stop fishing...Especially if I haven't caught anything yet.

Good luck at Strawberry.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I was out there thursday as well. Were you the one with the tent out toward the point? I started in shallow (12') and didn't see much so I moved out to 32' and started catching rainbows. Then the perch showed up and provided pretty constant action. I pulled up 3 rainbows, lost a nice rainbow at the hole, and took 8 perch that were all pretty decent size. The road down to the bay was pretty slick. When I left at 1300, there was a poor elderly tow-truck driver that couldn't make it out of the lot. He had come to help the larger group get out because they were stuck in the lot but he said they made it out right as he drove in. I gave him a ride to his shop in heber so I could mark off my good deed for the day :wink:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that was me on the point. I didn't get to fish long but I think i was in the perch teritory because my flasher kept marking fish right on the bottom. I wasn't prepared w/ much bait I was just killing a little time. And yeah the parking lot was slick I had my 2 wheel drive truck up there and it took me a good solid hour trying to get out of the lot. I probably looked like the Dukes of Hazard trying to get up the hill. I didn't have a good straight away to get a run at it so it made it interesting. You must've been the one in the tent right when I hit the ice?? Or should i say the only person out there at that time ha ha. That's good you got into some, guess that makes a couple times I've seen you on the ice.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nope, I got there after you about 0830 or so. With the nice weather I left the tent in the truck. I was the solo guy with the black lab.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Well scratch that then, I left just before that. There was one guy there when I left in a green tent. That's who you must have seen.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You must've left right before i got there. There was only 1 guy there in a tent. I had a 4 man black Ice Cube. We'll have to meet up on the ice sometime and do some fishing. Or on a river, I'de like to learn a little from you w/ a fly rod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts