Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove over to Deer Creek yesterday hoping to find some open water, but was unsuccessful. There is a layer of ice over the whole lake. I have no idea how thick, but it look fairly thin. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We ended up heading back down the canyon and throwing into Provo River close to the Riverwoods Mall Development. It was getting dark by then and only stayed for about 15 minutes and nothing was biting. Deer Creek freezing over kinda screwed up our whole trip. Oh well it happens.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised that you didn't catch anything in that area. It's just down the hill from where I live and I usually do alright there. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up on DC.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah LOAH. I've caught some there before, but didn't get any love over last night. We threw out hopppers and spinners and like I said we were only there for 15 minutes. LOAH, What do you usually use there?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I usually try my luck with spinners first and then end up using the old standby:

Weightless nightcrawler on a size 6 baitholder.

If you go to the park to the south and fish the big eddy under the bridge, you might have some decent luck, too. Sometimes the current won't let your bait or lure get down to the bottom, but sometimes it does and WHAM!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts