Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Deer Creek Trolling

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Catherder 
#1 ·
Today was the Last day of my yearly State parks pass so I decided to run up to Deer Creek and do some Trolling on the Kayak. I talked to a guy at the dock who told me They hadn't even got a bite and others he talked to said it was real slow, not what I wanted to hear. I put out my two poles with pop gear and worm and with in 3 minutes had a Fish on, it didn't fight at all and was about 13 inches and a pretty fat rainbow for it's age. Ten minutes after that I caught a 12 inch Bow that didn't fight either. Then at 2pm, 35 minutes after I started Fishing the wind came up so I headed to hide out in Wallsberg bay and didn't have any luck there so, since the wind wasn't giving up I did and went home at 3:30.

#4 ·
Also should mention, the State doesn't have State park pass's right now. I left a message with the SLC office and their reply bye voice mail was, "We have the Pass's printed up but the Printer has them Locked down and we don't know when we will get them", "we will post on our website when they are available" Whatever that means?, "locked down"?.

#7 ·
The online service still does not have the annual passes, but a task took me past Deer Creek today and I stopped by the main Park entrance. I was pleased to find that they had a few and I made my purchase.

That could be an option if you need to renew your pass and the internet source remains unhelpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.