1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Nope, but welcome to the forum:welcome:

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Anyone plan on hunting the delle/skull valley area on the opener of the rifle deer hunt?
If your looking to get away from other hunters, that would be a good place to go.
If you do kill a nice buck out there, you should head over to Wendover and place a bet because luck will be on your side that day.
Good luck.

·
Registered
793 Posts
If your looking to get away from other hunters, that would be a good place to go.
If you do kill a nice buck out there, you should head over to Wendover and place a bet because luck will be on your side that day.
Good luck.
Agreed!

BTW, your username gives me nightmares of every time my wife goes to Costco!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am going to head out there to scout tomorrow afternoon/evening and if I can get access and see anything I will likely choose that corner of the world.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I am going to head out there to scout tomorrow afternoon/evening and if I can get access and see anything I will likely choose that corner of the world.
I don't know who gave you the advise to go out there but it wasn't good advise.
I understand your trying to get a youth involved in hunting.
Skull Valley is not the place for someone just starting out in deer hunting.
Skull Valley holds very few deer and your chances of seeing very many bucks is slim at best.
Looks like you will find that out the hard way.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't delle a different unit and is on the wrong side of the road for the stansbury unit? Anyways there is deer on the west side of the stansburys on the skull valley side but you will WORK your tail off for one they are in the tops of the mountains and in nasty rocky canyons. Not an easy hunt what so ever

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't delle a different unit and is on the wrong side of the road for the stansbury unit? Anyways there is deer on the west side of the stansburys on the skull valley side but you will WORK your tail off for one they are in the tops of the mountains and in nasty rocky canyons. Not an easy hunt what so ever
you are correct.
When I had my sheep tag.
I scouted and hunted about ever canyon over there and saw very few deer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
you are correct.
When I had my sheep tag.
I scouted and hunted about ever canyon over there and saw very few deer.
So with that being said he should only be hunting on the east side of the highway on the stansburys and not worrying about delle. On that note I would take the kid somewhere else where he can at least see some does for sure because nothing frustrated me more as a young first time hunter than not seeing any deer, and if you haven't scouted that side of the stansburys it would be a miracle if you turned up anything but rocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts