Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to DLL next week for the elk shoot and was wondering if anyone else had been on their shoot yet, and how it went.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I would call them today, the elk are scattered and in the deep canyons the hunt is not going all that good right now. You might want to reschedule your hunt date for later in the year.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i agree with sage the hunts are tough right know but with this snow coming if it does show up that should get things moving we were up there around the 11 and saw lots of animals but most were in the you dont wanna go there areas so were scheduled for the later part of dec also if its your first time make sure you stop in evenston and get some supplies as if could be a all day hunt are it could last 2 hours all depends on the animals

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm scheduled for Tuesday so maybe I'll give them a call on Monday to see what's up.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I'm taking my little brother up on the 8th. Hopefully the snow pushes them down and herds them up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We went monday the 26th. I believe 9 hunters total,6 cows taken. Every hunter had their chances. Fun hunt, my hats off to the guides. No snow hunted the higher canyons but I would rather do that than shoot them out of the lower fields.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went up on the 24th. Hunted all day. All the elk were either moving off of Deseret or were DEEP in the canyon's. They took one elk out of 13-15 hunter's. We hunted the whole property. I hope we get some weather that's consistent! I re-scheduled for late December. Good Luck!!!

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm hoping this weather will push them down, or at least out of the nasty places. Another storm this weekend I hope will leave things set up well for Tuesday. Anyone else going Tuesday? If so, let me know and we could ride together and split gas. I'm taking my Explorer w/small utility trailer to haul the elk home. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got a call from DLL - they are rescheduling the hunts for later in hopes of weather to push the elk. He said the hunting has been very poor - like you guys have said. And they'd just as soon not make people spend the gas only to have to head back. I appreciate that.

Anyway, I am rescheduled for January 10th. If anyone else is headed up that day, I'll make the offer to carpool if anyone is interested in splitting gas to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts